WHAT IS BARIATRIC SURGERY?
Bariatric surgery (weight loss surgery) includes a variety of procedures performed on people who have obesity. Weight loss is achieved by reducing the size of the stomach with a gastric band or through removal of a portion of the stomach (sleeve gastrectomy or biliopancreatic diversion with duodenal switch) or by resecting and re-routing the small intestine to a small stomach pouch (gastric bypass surgery).
HOW CAN BARIATRIC SURGERY BE CALLED SUCCESSFUL?
The success of your bariatric surgery requires commitment and several significant lifestyle changes.
You’ll need to watch portion sizes, eat healthful foods, and take up an exercise regimen. So apart from weight loss, bariatric surgery has many other health benefits.
WHAT HEALTH BENEFITS DOES BARIATRIC SURGERY OFFER?
Working alongside your bariatric care team, you may experience the following health benefits following your bariatric surgery:
- Treatment of Diabetes: Research suggests that people with type 2 diabetes who undergo bariatric surgery may experience long-term remission of the disease. If you have type 2 diabetes and maintain weight loss following bariatric surgery, you could modify or eliminate your diabetes medication.
- Healthier Heart: Losing weight can help you reduce your risk of cardiovascular disease and stroke by significantly lowering blood pressure and cholesterol levels.
- Lowering Joint and Low Back Pain: When you shed weight, you take the pressure off of the weight-bearing joints in your hips, knees and low back, potentially allowing you to cut down or eliminate the need for pain-relieving medication.
- Better Sleep: If you suffer from obesity-related sleep apnoea, losing weight through bariatric surgery could help improve the condition and eliminate your need for treatment, including the CPAP machine.
- Improved Mood: People who lose weight may experience improvements in depression, body image, and social isolation— all measures of mental and emotional health.
HOW DOES BARIATRIC SURGERY INDIRECTLY HELP IMPROVEMENT OF HEALTH?
Bariatric Surgery helps weight loss which in turn helps improve following medical conditions:
- Metabolic Syndrome
- Gallbladder Disease
- Pregnancy Complications
- Fatty Liver Disease
- Urinary Incontinence
- Non-Alcoholic Steatohepatitis
At KIMS, one of the best weight loss treatment hospitals in Hyderabad, we offer a full range of services to help you get off the weight-loss roller coaster and on to living a healthier life, which includes obesity surgery for weight-loss.
Our multi-disciplinary team of the Best weight loss surgery specialist doctors in Hyderabad, surgeons, nutritionists, nurses, and caring staff will look at all aspects of your lifestyle, your health, and your goals to recommend a personalized action plan for you. As the one of the only weight loss surgery hospitals in Hyderabad offering both surgical and non-surgical treatment, we are equipped to help you implement that plan and to support you before, during and after. At KIMS, our team will use a combination of dietary planning, behavioral modification, and pharmacotherapy to help you achieve your weight loss goals. We emphasize that reaching and maintaining a healthy weight is about making a lifestyle change that includes lifelong healthy dietary choices and regular physical activity.