WHAT IS BARITRIC SURGERY?
Bariatric surgery (weight loss surgery) includes a variety of procedures performed on people who have obesity. Weight loss is achieved by reducing the size of the stomach with a gastric band or through removal of a portion of the stomach (sleeve gastrectomy or biliopancreatic diversion with duodenal switch) or by resecting and re-routing the small intestine to a small stomach pouch (gastric bypass surgery).
WHAT IS A BARIATRIC DIET?
The right bariatric food and eating techniques include:
- High-protein, low-carb diet, & no cheating before surgery
- Slow transition from clear liquids to solid foods after surgery
- Healthy foods, proteins first
- Lots of sugar-free liquids, but never around meals
- Minimal snacking
- Small portion sizes, chew thoroughly
- Adhering to prescribed vitamin regimen
- Avoiding “trigger” foods and alcohol
WHAT TO DO BEFORE BARIATRIC SURGERY
You may need to follow the following directions with proper recommendations from your doctor:
- Work with a dietitian for regulated weight reduction before you can be affirmed for bariatric surgery. You will need to work with a dietitian who can recognize your dietary needs and give you instructions.
- Start with an individualized meal arrangements. The pre-surgery diet is individualized based on many components. A portion of the things that may influence your meals incorporate your weight history and current dietary admission.
- You may require a low-calorie diet. The reason for this is to help diminish the size of the liver and to decrease stomach fat before surgery.
WHAT TO DO AFTER THE SURGERY?
Here’s what you need to know about after bariatric surgery diet:
- After your surgery, you will begin a fluid eating routine. Over a timeframe, you will advance to full fluids, puréed nourishments, soft food, and afterward regular foods.
- Eat smaller meals, but more frequently.
- Be aware of eating protein and remaining hydrated. Eating protein is essential in keeping up your muscles through fast weight reduction. Drinking enough water is also important.
- Be aware of the portion sizes. The extent of your stomach after your surgery will constrain the volume of nourishment you can eat close to one glass for every supper. When you start to consume larger meals, your stomach will extend.
- Take supplements. After your weight reduction surgery, you should take vitamin and mineral supplements forever.
- You may notice that you are losing your hair. However, this is temporary and your hair will grow back when you take vitamins, minerals, and proteins.
At KIMS, one of the best bariatric surgery centres in Hyderabad, we offer a wide range of weight loss surgery procedures to help you attain a healthier weight. We have a longstanding reputation for excellence and innovation in bariatric surgery as well as having the best bariatric surgery specialist doctors in Hyderabad. Our expert team of surgeons, including the best bariatric surgeon in Hyderabad, nurses, dietitians, psychologists and specially trained staff provide encouragement and support every step of the way including planning out a gastric bypass diet.