What is a trigger finger?
Also referred to as stenosing tenosynovitis. trigger finger is a situation under which your finger can get stuck in a particular position at either one or more joints. This situation can affect one or more fingers and will make it difficult for you to move or use your finger. Besides the fingers, the trigger finger can even affect your thumb, under which condition it is referred to as the trigger thumb. However, since the trigger finger can affect both the fingers and the thumb, it is sometimes also called a trigger digit.
Here are certain symptoms of trigger finger observing which you should immediately contact your doctor and know about the Trigger finger operation in Hyderabad.
- There will be a nodule or a bump at the base of your finger or thumb.
- You will face stiffness in your fingers, especially in the morning.
- Your finger will get locked up and it will become difficult for you to straighten it.
- You can hear a snapping or clicking sound when you straighten or bend your finger. This sound will be accompanied by pain.
Generally, when you observe the above symptoms, they may be mild in the starting but can get worse over time. Most of the time, the trigger finger happens when you use your hand and fingers for some strenuous tasks after an injury.
Trigger finger release treatment
There are three different types of surgeries for trigger finger operation in Hyderabad. Let’s have a look at them.
- Percutaneous release surgery. Under this type of surgery, your surgeon will give you a local anaesthetic. Then he will insert a needle in the bottom of your trigger finger or the thumb to cut the tendon sheath. Luckily, this Trigger thumb release surgery in Hyderabad will not leave any wounds. The only risk with this surgery is that it could damage the nearby blood vessels or nerves.
- Open surgery.
Under open surgery, a surgeon will make a small incision in the palm of your hand. Then he will cut the tendon sheath, which in turn will provide more room for your tendon to move. Once the procedure is completed, the wound will be closed using stitches. Generally, open surgery is done under local anaesthesia so that you do not feel any pain. This type of surgery is also referred to as an a1 pulley release procedure in Hyderabad.
This type of surgery will only be recommended by your doctor in case the above 2 surgeries are not suitable. Hence, it could be an ideal option for people who have rheumatoid arthritis. Under the surgery, the surgeon will aim at removing a part of your tendon sheath so that your finger can move freely again.
Thus, all these types of different surgeries will determine your Trigger finger surgery cost in Hyderabad.
- What are the different risks and complications associated with the Trigger thumb release surgery in Hyderabad?
Generally, all three types of surgeries that can help to treat trigger fingers are considered low risk. However, there are certain complications related to them like scarring, infection, nerve damage, pain, stiffness, and incomplete release.
- What are the different factors that can amplify your risk of developing the trigger finger?
The different risk factors for trigger finger are as follows-
- Age. People between the ages of 40 to 60 have an amplified risk of developing this disease.
- Health conditions. Certain health conditions like rheumatoid arthritis or diabetes could increase your risk of developing a trigger finger.
- Sex. Trigger finger is more common in women as compared to men.
- Job. People working in areas which need repeated finger and thumb movements may be at higher risk to develop trigger fingers. These work areas can include farmers, musicians or industrial workers.
- What is the average trigger finger surgery cost in Hyderabad?
The average trigger finger surgery cost in hyderabad depends on different factors. However, the cost of surgery for amputation of the ring finger can be around 25,000 rupees.
- Which is the best hospital to know about the trigger thumb release surgery in Hyderabad?
The KIMS Hospitals Is the best hospital to know about trigger finger release surgery. The team of expert doctors here not just provide you with surgery but also provides physical therapy so that the motion in your fingers and thumb is restored completely. You can substantiate the credibility of the doctors here from the fact that they are adept at performing these surgeries because they have an extensive experience in the field. Moreover, with a whisk of state-of-the-art facilities and top-notch equipment, they ensure to provide you with the best treatment under your budget.