What is Charcot Arthropathy?
The bones, joints, and soft tissue in your feet are affected by the condition known as Charcot's foot, also known as Charcot arthropathy. You might not notice anything is wrong at first. However, over time, it may result in painful sores or alter the structure of your foot. However, if you know what to look for, your doctor can identify and address the issue before it does significant harm. Patients with peripheral neuropathy brought on by numerous illnesses, such as diabetes mellitus, leprosy, syphilis, poliomyelitis, persistent alcoholism, or syringomyelia, develop Charcot's foot. Fractures and dislocations can be brought on by repetitive microtrauma that occurs faster than the pace of healing. Changes in circulation may result in bone resorption, bone weakness, and increased fracture and dislocation susceptibility. The Charcot Arthropathy treatment cost in Hyderabad depends upon various factors. You must contact the doctor to know about the Charcot Arthropathy treatment cost in Hyderabad.
But before knowing about the Charcot Arthropathy treatment cost in Hyderabad, there are other important things to know about. Any area of the foot and ankle may be impacted by Charcot arthropathy. There could be a number of regions involved. Numerous bones and joints are typically involved in fractures and dislocations, which result in significant fragmentation and deformity.
Complications and Risks
The collapse of the midfoot arch (also known as a "rocker bottom foot") and an accompanying plantar midfoot ulcer are severe abnormalities. Ulcers from bone pressure against the shoe or ground can emerge from deformities in any area of the foot and ankle. It is possible for ulcers to get infected, and infections have the potential to be lethal. Some Charcot joints, like the ankle, may have fibrous tissue healing (non-union), which can cause severe instability (a "floppy foot"), increase the risk of ulceration, and make it challenging to support with braces.
Charcot foot treatments
The diabetic arthropathy treatment price in Hyderabad varies from place to place. So before getting the treatment done, you must be aware of the diabetic arthropathy treatment price in Hyderabad. Early-stage neuropathic arthropathy treatment in Hyderabad focuses on lowering localised swelling and heat while also stabilising the foot by keeping it motionless. To prevent further injury, it's critical to remove all weight and pressure from the foot. The phrase "off-loading" has been used to describe this.
If your foot has become considerably unstable or if it cannot be braced or supported in any way, your doctor may advise Charcot surgery in Hyderabad. If an ulcer or sore doesn't heal, Charcot surgery in Hyderabad can also be necessary. Surgical techniques include:
- Reconstructive osteotomy: By shortening or lengthening a bone in the foot or ankle, also known as realignment bone surgery, the alignment and capacity to support the joints are changed. By cutting or adding a wedge of bone, a surgeon can shorten or lengthen a bone.
- Ankle fusion: During this neuropathic arthropathy treatment in Hyderabad, the ankle joint is locked and rendered immobile using screws, rods, or plates.
- Exostectomy: This is the elimination of plantar prominences, which may result in the development of ulcers.
- Amputation and prosthetic fitting: The foot or a piece of the foot is removed, and then a prosthetic device is fitted.
- How long does Charcot arthropathy surgery in Hyderabad take to recover? This treatment is typically done as an outpatient, however, it is possible that it will necessitate a one-night hospital stay. The type of anaesthetic chosen is determined by the patient's health and the surgeon's preferences. Three to four weeks in a cast or weight-bearing brace are required for recovery.
- What is Charcot arthropathy surgery in Hyderabad? It results from diabetes or nerve injury (neuropathy) in the foot and ankle. The surgical process of mending and reconstructing the foot and ankle is known as Charcot reconstruction.