The fractures that involve the articular surface of the hip joint and may involve one or two columns, one or two walls, or the roof within the pelvis are called Acetabulum fractures. Since acetabulum fractures are fractures in the pelvis, the Acetabular Fixation cost in Hyderabad may be more expensive than the normal fractures. The hospital may include the additional cost for acetabulum pain in the acetabular fracture treatment cost in Hyderabad through the surgery.
Severity and Pattern of Fracture
If the broken bone sticks out through the skin or a wound penetrates down to the broken bone, such a fracture is known as an open or compound fracture. They are serious because once the skin is broken, there is a potential for infection in both the wound and the bone.
The severity of the injury depends on:
- Number and size of the fracture fragments
- Amount of displaced bones
- Injury to the cartilage surfaces of both the acetabulum and the head of the femur
- Injury in the soft tissues such as muscle, nerve, and skin.
The healthcare providers have defined several specific acetabular fracture patterns. They are based on:
- Location: Break in the anterior or posterior column of the bone or the area around the bony rim of the acetabulum
- Orientation: For instance a break which is straight across the bone
These fractures can also occur in the combinations of patterns. The severity of these fractures will also determine the acetabulum pain treatment cost in Hyderabad.
The doctor considers several things before drawing a suitable plan for the patient’s treatment, such as:
- The pattern of the fracture
- Number of displaced bones
- Overall health condition.
The treatment involves surgical and nonsurgical means which rules the acetabular fixation cost in Hyderabad.
It is recommended for those stable fractures where the bones are not displaced. However, it may also be recommended for patients who are at risk for surgical complications such as patients with heart disease or severe osteoporosis.
- Medications: Drugs like anticoagulants (A blood thinning drug to avoid blood clot formation in the veins of the legs) are recommended by the doctor.
- Walking Aids: The healthcare providers suggest crutches or walkers for up to 3 months or until the bones are recovered to avoid bearing weight on the leg.
- Positioning Aids: In cases of joint instability, which is the ball of your hip sliding within or popping out of the socket, then the doctor restricts the position of the hip. It is done by setting up a leg-positioning device like an abduction pillow or knee immobilizer to limit the movement.
Although the non-surgical treatment is a long process, it also lowers the cost for acetabular fracture which can be Right acetabulum or Left acetabulum in Hyderabad.
Generally, acetabular fractures are treated with surgery. This is because the fractures damage the cartilage surface of the bone and the surgery aims to restore the smooth and gliding hip surface. The healthcare specialist supervises the patient’s history and present health.
Within one week of the injury, the surgery takes place to decrease the complications and risks. With different patterns and intensities, the procedures are divided for a successful operation.
For example, in the Kocher-Langenbeck procedure, the acetabular fractures are fixed through the open reduction process or by an inner decrease. In open reduction, the surgeon makes a precise incision and manipulates the weak bone fragments to facilitate the fracture alignment. While during the process of inner decrease, the doctor uses metal plates, screws and other special instruments to alter the bones into their original positions.
Another such example is Total hip replacement, which is done when the reconstruction of bones may not give a long-term good result. The damaged bones and articular cartilage are removed and then replaced with a prosthesis(artificial parts)
The Treatment Cost of Acetabular Fracture in Hyderabad
Acetabular Fixation costs in Hyderabad may range from INR 1,00,000 to INR 2,00,000. The surgery fee may depend on the cost for the Left acetabulum treatment or the price for the right acetabulum treatment in Hyderabad as well as the pain treatment cost for the acetabulum.
However, considering the hospitals and medical insurance, in Hyderabad, the cost for both left and right acetabulum treatment may also begin from INR 57,000. Further, the pain treatment cost of the acetabulum in Hyderabad is decided by the means of pain relief.
- What are the causes of Acetabular fracture?
Tremendous injuries caused due to car or motorcycle accidents, or a fall from a significant height. Weakened bones due to age can also cause acetabular fractures even with simple falls.
- What are the symptoms of Acetabular fracture?
The common symptoms include inflammation in the hip, pain in the groin which goes to the leg, muscle spasms, swelling and difficulty in walking by the affected leg.
- What is the recovery period after an acetabular fracture?
It takes around 9 to 12 months for the acetabular fracture to completely heal. After the operation, a patient typically stays in the hospital for 7-10 days.