All about a lumbar puncture.
As the name suggests, a lumbar puncture operation is performed in the lumbar region of your lower back. The major purpose of performing this surgery is to diagnose serious infections like cancers of the brain or spinal cord, meningitis, diseases of the central nervous system or multiple sclerosis. Before knowing about lumbar puncture in detail, you should know the lumbar puncture cost in Hyderabad or the cost of lumbar puncture in Hyderabad.Besides performing the surgery to diagnose serious infections, sometimes the doctor might even perform a lumbar puncture to inject chemotherapy drugs or the anaesthetic medications into your cerebrospinal fluid. In such conditions also, you can consider knowing this cervical spine surgery cost in Hyderabad or the cost of lumbar puncture in Hyderabad.
During lumbar puncture, your healthcare provider will aim at inserting a needle in the space between two lumbar bones, or vertebrae. The major purpose behind inserting this needle is to take a sample of the cerebrospinal fluid between the two lumbar bones. Cerebrospinal fluid is the fluid that surrounds your spinal cord and brain to protect both these organs from any injury.
Why is a lumbar puncture done?
Besides knowing about the cervical Spondylosis surgery cost in Hyderabad, lumbar puncture cost in Hyderabad or the cost of lumbar puncture in Hyderabad, you should also know the reason behind why a Spinal tap or lumbar puncture may be done. Some of the circumstances when you might consider the lumbar puncture cost in Hyderabad are as follows.
- The health care provider may collect the cerebrospinal fluid with the help of a spinal tap or lumbar puncture to check for any inflammation, infections or other diseases.
- Another reason for you to consider the lumbar puncture cost in Hyderabad is when the doctor measures the pressure of cerebrospinal fluid using the lumbar puncture.
- You should even consider knowing the cost of lumbar puncture in Hyderabad or the cervical spine surgery cost in Hyderabad when the doctor uses lumbar puncture to inject radioactive substances or dye into the cerebrospinal fluid. Such substances are injected to make the diagnostic images of the fluid flow.
Besides all these situations, you should know the lumbar puncture cost in Hyderabad or the cost of lumbar puncture in Hyderabad when your health care provider needs to identify various diseases with the help of the information gathered from a lumbar puncture. Such diseases can include serious bacterial, fungal and viral infections like syphilis or meningitis. These diseases can even include certain inflammatory conditions of the nervous system, autoimmune neurological conditions, Alzheimer’s disease and other forms of dementia, or bleeding around the brain.
What happens during the lumbar puncture procedure?
Before the lumbar puncture, you should know in detail about the lumbar puncture cost in Hyderabad, cervical spine surgery cost in Hyderabad or the cervical Spondylosis surgery cost in Hyderabad. During the procedure, you can expect the following-
- Firstly, the doctor will inject a local anaesthetic into your lower back before the needle is inserted. The major reason behind this is to numb the puncture site. After anaesthesia, the health care provider will use a thin and hollow needle and insert it between the two lower vertebrae through the spinal membrane. While the doctor is inserting this needle, you might feel pressure in your back.
- When the needle is inserted, the doctor might ask you to change your position accordingly.
- Now a small amount of the cerebrospinal fluid is withdrawn after measuring the cerebrospinal fluid pressure. Once the fluid is withdrawn, the cerebrospinal fluid pressure is measured again.
- Now the needle is removed and the punctured site is covered with a bandage.
This entire process will affect the lumbar puncture cost in Hyderabad, cervical spine surgery cost in Hyderabad or the cost of lumbar puncture in Hyderabad. It might approximately last round about 45 minutes and your health care provider might even suggest you lie down after the procedure.
- Why should you consider knowing the lumbar puncture cost in Hyderabad from the KIMS Hospitals? Commonly referred to as the Spinal tap, you can consider knowing the lumbar puncture cost in Hyderabad from the KIMS Hospitals. This hospital uses a whisk of the modern invasive and non-invasive procedures that have simplified such surgeries to a great extent. Moreover, the team of doctors here are quite experienced in the field and has performed myriad successful lumbar punctures in the past.
- What are the different risks related to the lumbar puncture? Besides knowing about the lumbar puncture cost in Hyderabad or the cervical spine surgery cost in Hyderabad, you should also have cognizance of the risks related to lumbar puncture. These risks can include back discomfort or pain, bleeding near the puncture site, post lumbar puncture, headache or brain stem herniation.
- What happens before the lumbar puncture procedure? Before the lumbar puncture procedure, you should consider knowing the lumbar puncture cost in Hyderabad. Besides this, your healthcare provider will even take your medical history, blood tests and physical exam. Before the procedure, he or she might even provide you with specific instructions related to your food, drink and medications.
- What is the average Lumbar puncture cost in Hyderabad? The average lumbar puncture cost in Hyderabad starts from ₹170 and can end anywhere at 760 rupees.