Papillary thyroid cancer treatment
The particular papillary thyroid cancer treatment procedure used by your health care provider depends on the stage of your cancer, the overall health of the patient and the requirements of the patient. However, the major form of papillary thyroid carcinoma surgery in Hyderabad chosen by your doctor will affect your Papillary thyroid cancer treatment cost in Hyderabad. Let’s have a glance at the different treatment options for papillary thyroid cancer.
Generally, papillary thyroid cancer surgery is a minimally invasive surgery that is performed based on the type of papillary thyroid cancer, patient evaluation, and the surgeon’s expertise. Surgery is the most common type of treatment for the different types of variants of papillary thyroid cancers. The major aim of any papillary thyroid cancer surgery may be to remove all cancer from the thyroid. There are three basic types of thyroid gland surgeries. Let’s have a look at them.
- Thyroid lobectomy. Thyroid lobectomy aims at removing half of the thyroid gland. This is done by making a small incision, roughly about an inch in the lower neck of the patient. Then your healthcare provider will remove the affected thyroid gland by being careful of the parathyroid glands and the nerves that support the voice box. Moreover, your health care provider will even examine the lymph nodes that are located at the side and beneath the thyroid glands to substantiate them for cancer.
- Total thyroidectomy. As the name itself suggests, under this type of surgery, your healthcare provider may aim at removing the entire thyroid gland. This is done by making a small incision in the lower neck, about an inch in length. This means the length of the incision made in a total thyroidectomy is similar to the incision made for the thyroid lobectomy. Moreover, just like thyroid lobectomy, your healthcare provider will aim at maintaining all the other structures, like the nerves that support the voice box and their parathyroid glands. He may even check the lymph nodes that lie beneath and along the side of the thyroid gland to see whether they are cancerous or not.
- Extended or complicated thyroidectomy. There can be situations when your papillary thyroid cancer is more aggressive than it was shown before the surgery in the ultrasound or the CT imaging. In such situations, your healthcare provider may find additional growth or extension of cancer even outside the thyroid gland. Or, cancer may have dispersed into the adjacent structures like the breathing tube, voice box, or the nerves that provide sensation to the voice box. In such situations, thyroidectomy has to be extended and complicated, and the surgeon needs to ensure that he or she can adequately address the entire removal of cancer.
- Papillary thyroid cancer robotic surgery. This is another type of cancer surgery that can be an effective form of Thyroid cancer treatment in Hyderabad. Under this type of surgery, there will be longer incisions as compared to the other type of surgeries, and they will be made on the front of the neck. Moreover, this surgical procedure would be much longer because most of the time is required in setting up the robot. However, robotic surgery is an inferior surgical approach to managing Papillary thyroid cancer.
Thus, these are the different types of surgeries that may be performed for papillary thyroid cancer. All these types of surgeries will affect your Papillary carcinoma treatment price in Hyderabad.
- What are the different types of treatment options other than surgery to treat papillary thyroid cancer?
Other than the surgery, there is even certain other Thyroid cancer treatment in Hyderabad that will determine your Papillary thyroid cancer treatment cost in Hyderabad. These options may include thyroid hormones, suppressive therapy, treating capillary thyroid cancer with radioactive iodine, external beam radiation therapy and targeted therapy or chemotherapy.
- Can papillary thyroid cancer be cured?
The cure for papillary thyroid cancer depends on the dispersal of the thyroid cancer to the lymph nodes in the neck and other adjacent areas. However, generally, papillary thyroid cancer is highly curable and is rarely fatal.
- Why should I know the Papillary thyroid cancer treatment cost in Hyderabad from the KIMS hospitals?
If you are looking out to know the best thyroid cancer treatment in Hyderabad, then the KIMS hospitals is inarguably the best. With the best facilities and top-notch equipment, the team of expert doctors here aim at collaborating with the nuclear medicine specialists to provide impeccable treatment to the patients. This helps them to craft a personalized treatment plan for each patient and provide them with the required treatment under a budget.
- What is the average Papillary carcinoma treatment price in Hyderabad?
The average Papillary thyroid cancer treatment cost in Hyderabad depends on different factors, like the type of surgery performed by your health care provider, the proficiency of the health care provider, the type of hospital, and the type of facilities available at the hospital. However, this average cost can range anywhere from 45,000 to ₹465,000.