What is bariatric surgery?
Bariatric surgery is a term that includes a plethora of surgeries which can assist you to lose weight by making certain modifications to your digestive system. Generally, weight loss surgeries along with gastric bypass surgeries together called bariatric surgery.
Bariatric surgery is an ideal option for people who have tried other methods of weight loss, like following a specific diet and exercise regime but these methods haven’t proved to be helpful. Other than this, this surgery is also ideal for people who have the risk of certain life-threatening weight-related issues like type 2 diabetes, heart disease and stroke, high blood pressure, sleep apnea etc. If you want to know more about bariatric surgeries, then you can contact the best Bariatric hospital in Hyderabad.
Types of bariatric surgeries
1. The best bariatric surgery hospitals in hyderabad provide a wide spectrum of bariatric surgeries to their patients. These surgeries work in three major ways, by-
2. Reducing your body’s ability to absorb the nutrients, or
3. Reducing the amount of food that can be stored in your stomach, or
4. Using a combination of both these effects.
So let’s have a glance at the most common types of bariatric surgeries.
1. Gastric bypass surgery.
Gastric bypass surgery is a common type of surgery which is performed in two steps. The first step includes creating a small pouch by dividing the top portion of your stomach from the rest of it. Under the second step, the initial part of your small intestine will be divided and the bottom end of this intestine will be connected to the pouch created. Moreover, the top portion of the small intestine which was divided will also be connected to the bottom of the small intestine. Hence, this surgery will help to restrict the absorption of nutrients as well as the amount of food that can be stored in your stomach.
2. Sleeve gastrectomy.
Under the sleeve gastrectomy, the surgeon will remove approximately 80% of your stomach. The remaining stomach is used to create a tube-shaped pouch and hence is referred to as a sleeve. Since your stomach is smaller, it will hold less food and hence, you will feel full faster. At the same time, sleeve gastrectomy might even help to reduce the production of a hormone referred to as ghrelin, which helps to regulate your appetite.
3. Duodenal switch
The Duodenal switch helps to create a biliopancreatic diversion (BPD) and this process also has two parts. In the first part, your healthcare provider will create a tube-shaped pouch in a portion of your stomach just like a sleeve gastrectomy. In the second step, the healthcare provider will bypass a major amount of your small intestine. Hence both these steps in combination can help you to get full faster and even reduce the number of nutrients and calories absorbed by your stomach. Due to the same reason, this is a highly effective surgery, but it also comes with a greater risk of malnutrition or even vitamin deficiencies.
1. What is a gastric band?As the name itself suggests, the gastric band is an adjustable band which can be placed in the top portion of your stomach to create a smaller pouch above it. The major aim of using this band is to store less food in your stomach, and hence help you feel full faster. It is a type of bariatric surgery.
2. What are the risks and complications associated with bariatric surgery?When you choose the best Bariatric hospital in Hyderabad, you should know the possible complications and risks associated with this surgery. The risks related to the surgical procedure may include lung or breathing issues, excessive bleeding, blood clots, infection, leaks in your gastrointestinal system and adverse reactions to anaesthesia. However, in severe cases, there could be certain long-term risks of hernias, malnutrition, vomiting, acid reflux, bowel disruption, etc.
3. Which is the best Bariatric hospital in Hyderabad?If you are searching for the best bariatric surgery hospitals in hyderabad, then your search might end with the KIMS Hospitals. Though numerous super-speciality hospitals provide bariatric surgeries, the KIMS Hospitals might be on top of the list. This is because of several features, the most important ones it being the trained professionals who have a success rate and the state-of-the-art equipment here. Apart from this, round-the-clock services and unparalleled services of the adept team of doctors here make sure to provide positive outcomes to the patients.
4. How to choose the best Bariatric hospital in Hyderabad?Choosing the right hospital for bariatric surgery can be a daunting task. There are different factors which you may have to consider before choosing the ideal option, like the training and experience of the physicians at the hospital, the ongoing care and support provided by the hospital after the surgery, the experience of the hospital and the doctors and the breadth of the surgery program provided by the hospital. The KIMS Hospitals can unequivocally satisfy all these requirements for the patient under their budget.