What is appendicitis?
As the name itself suggests, appendicitis is a condition under which your appendix can become inflamed due to a blockage or other reason. An appendix is a small pouch that is located in the lower right abdomen and is attached to the intestine. When the appendix gets blocked, the bacteria inside it can amplify its size by multiplying. This could even lead to the formation of pus and swelling and hence can feign pressure on your abdomen. In severe conditions, appendicitis can even block the blood flow.
Moreover, if you do not know the cost of appendicitis treatment in Hyderabad or appendicitis treatment cost in Hyderabad at the right time, then appendicitis can even cause your appendix to burst. If there are appendix bursts, then the bacteria may spill into your abdominal cavity and hence could be fatal. So it is very crucial to know the Appendix surgery cost in Hyderabad, Appendectomy surgery cost in Hyderabad or the Appendicitis Laparoscopic surgery cost in Hyderabad in case you notice any symptoms. There are generally two types of appendicitis referred to as acute appendicitis or chronic appendicitis. Acute appendicitis is a sudden case of appendicitis and is more common as compared to chronic appendicitis. Chronic appendicitis usually occurs following a case of acute appendicitis.
However, in both these conditions, you will have to know the appendectomy surgery cost in Hyderabad or the appendicitis laparoscopic surgery cost in Hyderabad to assess this cost in terms of your budget.
Generally, the major form of treatment for appendicitis includes surgery that is aimed at removing the inflamed appendix. However, before the surgery, your appendicitis treatment can include a different dose of antibiotics that can help to treat the infection. The particular type of treatment option will determine your appendicitis treatment cost in Hyderabad, cost of appendicitis treatment in Hyderabad or appendix surgery cost in Hyderabad. Let’s have a glance at the different treatment options for appendicitis.
- Appendectomy Appendectomy is a surgery that is aimed at removing the appendix. Generally, this surgery will be performed as an open surgery under which your healthcare provider will make a large abdominal incision about two to four inches long. However, in other situations, your healthcare provider may even perform a laparoscopic surgery under which a few small abdominal incisions can be made. The laparoscopic surgery will affect your appendicitis laparoscopic surgery cost in Hyderabad. Under the laparoscopic appendectomy, the surgeon will insert his surgical tools and video camera using the small incisions in your abdomen. The particular type of surgery used depends on your situation and it will determine your appendicitis treatment cost in Hyderabad, cost of appendicitis treatment in Hyderabad or appendix surgery cost in Hyderabad.
- Draining the Abscess before the surgery. There can be situations when your appendix has burst and the Abscess has formed around it. In these situations before the surgery, your healthcare provider will aim at draining the Abscess by placing a tube into the Abscess. Once the infection is controlled, the appendectomy is performed after several weeks. The procedure of draining the Abscess before the surgery will also affect your appendicitis treatment cost in Hyderabad or the cost of appendicitis treatment in Hyderabad.
- What are the different complications and risks associated with appendicitis?
If your appendix ruptures, then it could spill the bacteria and faecal matter in your abdominal cavity. This can lead to some life-threatening infections like sepsis, Abscesses and peritonitis.
- What are the different symptoms of appendicitis?
Besides knowing the Appendix surgery cost in Hyderabad, Appendectomy surgery cost in Hyderabad, appendicitis treatment cost in Hyderabad or cost of appendicitis treatment in Hyderabad, you should also know the different symptoms of appendicitis. As soon as you observe any of these symptoms, you can contact your doctor and assess the appendicitis treatment cost in Hyderabad and choose a hospital of your choice. Generally, the appendicitis pain can start as mild cramping, either in your belly button area or your upper abdomen, and then slowly move to the lower right quadrant of the abdomen. This pain might get intense when you wake up from sleep or when you move or cough. Other symptoms of appendicitis can include nausea, low-grade fever, loss of appetite, abdominal swelling, indigestion and vomiting.
- Why should I know the appendicitis treatment cost in Hyderabad from the KIMS Hospitals?
You can know the Appendectomy surgery cost in Hyderabad, appendicitis treatment cost in Hyderabad or the cost of appendicitis treatment in Hyderabad from the KIMS Hospitals because these operations are performed using the laparoscopic technique at KIMS. This means it is less invasive and requires small incisions as compared to large incisions. Moreover, the recovery time is even less and the patients can return to their normal activity in just two to three weeks.
- What is the average appendicitis treatment cost in Hyderabad?
The average cost of appendicitis treatment in Hyderabad is around ₹1,00,000 - ₹1,50,000.