The prostate is the small walnut-shaped gland found in males. It produces the seminal fluid for the nourishment and transportation of sperms. Cancer in the prostate is very common, it mainly grows slowly and is limited to the prostate region only. Prostate cancer surgical cost in Hyderabad or the prostate cancer surgery cost in Hyderabad can be economical if it is at an early stage. Less to be said, the doctor may not even adopt surgery for the treatment. But in some cases, it grows rapidly and is aggressive. When the prostate enlarges and impacts urination, then this condition is called benign prostatic hyperplasia. The cost of enlarged prostate surgery in Hyderabad or we can say the benign prostatic hyperplasia treatment cost in Hyderabad depends on factors like- services during treatment, kind of surgery, and hospital stay.
The doctors who treat prostate cancer include:
- Urologist: The surgeon who treats diseases of the male reproductive system and urinary system
- Medical Oncologist: The doctor who uses medications to treat cancer such as chemotherapy, hormone therapy and immunotherapy
- Radiation Oncologist: The doctor who utilises radiation therapy to treat cancer.
Other specialists such as nurses, nurse practitioners, rehabilitation specialists, and other health professionals are also involved in taking care of the patient. There are various treatment options available for prostate cancer with surgery being the most common alternative.
Surgical treatment of Prostate Cancer
The advantage of the operation is that the cancerous part of the prostate is removed. The surgery done to remove part or all of the prostate gland is called a prostatectomy. The primary type of surgery for prostate cancer is a radical prostatectomy. The surgeon removes the entire or some part of the prostate gland. Depending on the case the extent and cost of prostate cancer surgery in Hyderabad will be ruled.
- Laparoscopic Radical Prostatectomy: Traditionally the surgeon would use a single long skin incision to remove the prostate and near tissues. However, nowadays, various small incisions are done to remove the prostate with the help of special surgical tools.
- Radical Perineal Prostatectomy: The surgeon makes an incision in the skin between the anus and the scrotum. It is also used for conditions like retropubic. This surgery results in lesser pain and easier recovery.
- Transurethral Resection of the prostate(TURP): It is used to treat men with non-cancerous enlargement of the prostate. Thus the benign prostatic hyperplasia treatment cost in Hyderabad starts from the price is INR 45,000. The average cost for the treatment of prostate enlargement or benign prostatic hyperplasia in Hyderabad may start from INR 88,000.
- Is the surgery for prostate cancer in Hyderabad expensive?
The average prostate cancer surgical cost in Hyderabad would start from INR 4,50,000. However, the prostate cancer surgical cost in Hyderabad may cross INR 7,00,000. Furthermore, the average cost for prostate enlargement surgery may potentially cross INR 1,00,000.
- What are the risks of surgery for prostate cancer?
The common risks associated with surgery are:
- Erectile dysfunction
- Issue in urination
- Blood Clots
- Nearby organs may suffer damage
- Bad reaction to anaesthesia
- Change in penis length
- What are the types of Prostate Cancer?
There are various prostate cancers such as:
- Urothelial or Transitional cell carcinoma
- Neuroendocrine tumours or carcinoids
- Small cell carcinoma
- Prostate sarcoma
- Squamous cell carcinoma
- Can prostate cancer reappear?
Even after the treatment, prostate cancer may show up in either the prostate region orsomewhere else in the body, They are divided into two categories:
- Recurrent Prostate Cancer: Also known as local recurrence, prostate cancer may return to the prostate region even after the treatment. This is because some undetected cancer cells are left behind even after the treatment.
- Metastatic Prostate Cancer: The cancer cells spread to other parts of the body via the bloodstream. It is known as regional recurrence or distant recurrence and may reach the bones, liver, lungs, brain or other organs.
- What are the treatments available for prostate cancer?
The prostate cancer treatment alternatives depend on several factors such as the growth of your cancer, the side effects of the treatment. Some of the treatments available are:
- Radiation Therapy
- Freezing or heating prostate tissue
- Hormone therapy
- Targeted drug therapy