What is radiation therapy?
Besides knowing the radiation therapy cost in Hyderabad, you should also know the meaning of radiation therapy. Also referred to as radiotherapy, radiation therapy is a type of procedure that helps in cancer treatment by stopping the growth or killing the malignant cells of the body. The major aim behind this therapy is to use beams of intense energy to kill these cells.
As opposed to brachytherapy, radiation treatment refers to the external beam of high energy that is projected from a machine outside of the body. This machine aims at sending the beams to a precise point on the patient’s body. On the other hand, under brachytherapy, the radiation is placed inside the body of the patient.
The beam that is aimed at a particular point on the patient’s body helps in damaging the cells by destroying the genetic material that helps them to grow and divide. The major disadvantage of this therapy is that it might damage both healthy and cancerous cells. However, the goal is to destroy as few healthy cells as possible. Since the healthy and normal cells can most often be repaired after the radiation therapy, the radiation therapy proves to be efficacious in different circumstances. The entire process of killing the cancer cells by radiation therapy determines the cost of radiation therapy in Hyderabad or the radiation price in Hyderabad.
How does radiation therapy help to treat people with cancer?
Many times the patients who suffer from cancer can consider knowing the radiation therapy cost in Hyderabad or cancer radiation cost in Hyderabad. Your healthcare provider may suggest radiation therapy as a treatment option for cancer for different reasons, and under different situations like-
- You can know the radiation therapy cost in Hyderabad because your healthcare provider may suggest it as a primary treatment for cancer.
- Patients can know the radiation therapy cost in Hyderabad when the doctor suggests this therapy after surgery to stop the growth of any remaining malignant cells. This process is referred to as adjuvant therapy.
- Radiation therapy is even used in combination with other treatment methods like chemotherapy to treat cancer.
- People suffering from advanced cancer may even know the radiation price in Hyderabad or the radiation therapy cost in Hyderabad because radiation therapy is used in such circumstances to ameliorate the symptoms of cancer.
Thus, these are the different ways or methods in which radiation therapy is used to treat cancer. In all the above-mentioned conditions, the patients can consider knowing the radiation therapy cost in Hyderabad or cancer radiation cost in Hyderabad to assess the Radiation price in Hyderabad according to their budgets.
- Why should you consider knowing the radiation therapy cost in Hyderabad from the KIMS Hospitals?You can know the cost of radiation therapy in Hyderabad from the KIMS Hospitals because the KIMS Center for Radiation Oncology has a team of cancer specialists that aim at providing advanced services using their top-notch technology to fight cancer. The experienced and well-rounded medical team at this hospital treats all types of cancers using Intensity-Modulated and Image-Guided radiation treatment. Since the doctors treating cancer here intend to achieve the highest probability of cure with the least level of side effects, they provide impeccable radiation therapy with speed and utmost precision. So if you want to ensure high precision radiation therapy, then you can know the cost of radiation therapy in Hyderabad or the cancer radiation cost in Hyderabad from this hospital.
- What is the average radiation therapy cost in Hyderabad?The average radiation therapy cost in Hyderabad depends on numerous factors like the location of the hospital, the team of doctors working there, the state of the architecture and infrastructure of the hospital and the types of equipment used by it.
- What are the major factors that cause the difference in the Cost of radiation therapy in Hyderabad?The different factors that alter the Radiation therapy cost in Hyderabad or the cancer radiation cost in Hyderabad include the treatment package, type of cancer, cost of the machine, stage of cancer and other miscellaneous costs like nursing charges, food, room rent, etc.
- What are the different risks and complications associated with radiation therapy?Besides knowing the Radiation therapy cost in Hyderabad, you should also have an insight into the radiation therapy side effects. The side effects of this therapy depend on the path of your body that is exposed to the beam of energy. Some of the side effects can include skin irritation or hair loss at the treatment site, nausea, diarrhoea, vomiting, bladder irritation, sexual dysfunction, difficulty in swallowing or shortness of breath.