We specialize in management of Speech, language, communication & Swallowing disorders including:
It can be defined as a problem involving abnormal pitch, loudness or quality of the sound (voice) produced by the sound box (larynx).
Our services will improve overall quality of voice by correcting the physiology of laryngeal system. Voice disorders can be alone managed by voice Intervention or combination with medical or / and surgical management.
- We deal with various voice disorders like Vocal nodules, polyp, paralysis, Puberphonia, etc.
- Managing voice problems in professional voice users (Singers, actors, etc).
- Pre surgical counseling and post surgical Voice rehabilitation in patients who have undergone various types of Phonosurgery & surgery for head and neck cancers (Laryngectomy).
- Assessment and monitoring prognosis of voice disorders by using acoustic, aerodynamic measurements & video-endoscopy, stroboscopy procedures.
Fluency Disorders (Stuttering / Stammering)
The flow of speech is disrupted by involuntary repetitions and prolongations of sounds, syllables, words or phrases as well as involuntary silent pauses or blocks in which the person who stutters is unable to produce sounds.
Only our Services can help in improving fluency of speech along with reducing the psycho-social aspect associated with stuttering. We also support the patients to excel in the professional career.
- We deal with children as young as 3 year who are not speaking fluently/ Stammering and also w adults who Stammers since childhood or acquired.
- Our services will also benefit to persons with other fluency disorders like Cluttering (Fast rate of speech, dysfluencies & linguistic deficits), Neurogenic Stuttering (Stammering resultant because of brain lesion).
Developmental speech and language disorders
- Communication disorders associated with intellectual deficits, Cerebral palsy, Autism spectrum disorders, Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, ADD, Hearing impairment, Learning disability, multiple disability, epilepsy, various Syndromes etc.
Neurogenic communication and cognitive disorders
- Acquired speech, language & cognitive disorders in children and adults associated with Traumatic Brain Injury, Stroke, Aphasia, Dementia, Dysarthria and Apraxia.
Swallowing & feeding disorders
- Swallowing disorders associated with various neurological disorders like stroke, Traumatic brain injury, Dementia, Parkinson disease, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, Multiple sclerosis, myasthenia gravis etc.
- Swallowing disorders associated with various Structural abnormalities like Cleft-Lip and Palate, other Oro-maxillofacial abnormalities & Head, Neck Cancer etc.
- Swallowing & Feeding disorders associated with Neurodevelopmental disorders like Intellectual deficits, Cerebral palsy, Autism spectrum disorders, multiple disabilities, epilepsy & various Syndromes.
- Swallowing management in persons with Tracheotomy.
- As a member of multidisciplinary team to take decision on non-oral feeding options.
- Assessment and monitoring prognosis of swallowing disorders by using Fiber optic Endoscopy Evaluation of Swallowing (FEES).
Articulation disorders (Difficulty in saying particular sounds).
Articulatory & Oro-nasal resonance errors in individuals with Cleft lip and palate and other oro-maxillofacial abnormalities.
Speech Difficulties after the comprehensive medical/ surgical management in persons with Head, Neck and Throat Cancers.
Selecting and execution of an appropriate alternative augmentative communication (AAC) modality according to the severity of the problems to enhance the communication.
We are closely associated with the other departments like Neurology, Pediatrics, ENT, Psychology, Physiotherapy, Occupational Therapy, Oncology, Plastic Surgery, Oro-maxillofacial Surgery, Dietetics, Psychiatry, Pulmonology, Gastroenterology, etc. for an efficient interdisciplinary efforts to enhance overall quality of life.