CHAPTER IN A BOOK
- Cardiology update Chapter December 2013
- Tenth complex coronary angioplasty course book
- Endovascular therapy course May 18-21, 1999
GUIDE FOR DNB STUDENTS
- Radial versus femoral approach in primary PCI-KIMS experience.
For DNB cardiology exam June 2010
Name of the Student: Dr.Sachin Hundekari
DNB Registration No: PR/CARD/MD/85/07
- To Study the clinical features, prognostic factors and Outcome after thrombolytic in patients of pulmonary embolism.
For DNB cardiology exam. December 2010
Name of the Student: Dr.Vinay Borwal
DNB Registration No: PR/CARD/MD/38/08
Academic and research activities
Principal Investigator for
1. CREATE Study
2. CREATE Registry
3.MICHELANGELO OASIS – 5 (Unstable angina /NSTEMI) STUDY –An international randomized double blind study evaluating the efficacy and safety of Fondaparinux vs. enoxaparine in the acute treatment of unstable angina /non ST segment elevation MI Acute coronary syndromes.
4. MICHELANGELO OASIS – 6 (STEMI) STUDY – an international randomized study evaluating the efficacy and safety of Fondaparinux sodium vs. control therapy in broad range of patients with ST segment elevation Acute MI.
5.POISE STUDY- PeriOperative ISchemic Evaluation study – A large simple trail of metoprolol vs. placebo in patients undergoing non-cardiac surgery at Moderate and high risk of a perioperative cardiac event.
6.TRUST- 1 STUDY – Treprostinil I.V. for Untreated Symptomatic PAH Trial: A 12 –Week Multi center Randomized Double-Blind Placebo-controlled Trial of the Safety and Efficacy of Intravenous Remodulin in patients in India with pulmonary Arterial Hypertension (PAH)
7. OASIS-7(CURRENT) STUDY- Randomized, Multinational, double blind study, comparing a high loading dose regimen of Clopidogrel versus standard dose in patient with Unstable Angina or myocardial infarction managed with an early invasive strategy-Oasis-7 Study.
8. PLATO STUDY-A Randomized, Double blind, parallel group, phase 3, Efficacy and safety study of AZD6140 Compared with Clopidogrel for prevention of vascular events in patients with Non-ST or ST elevation Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS).
9. POLYCAP STUDY-A Randomized double blinded controlled trial of the Efficacy and Safety of POLYCAP(QUINTAPRIL) versus its components in Subjects with at least one cardiovascular risk factor.
10. TIMACS STUDY-An International Randomized Trial of Early versus Delayed Invasive Strategies in Patients with Non-ST Segment Elevation Acute Coronary Syndromes
11. ASCEND-HF STUDY-Double-Blind, Placebo Controlled, Multicenter Acute Study of Clinical Effectiveness of Nesiritide in Subjects with Decompensate Heart Failure
12. LIFENOX STUDY-International, multicenter, randomized, double blind study to compare the overall mortality in acutely ill medical patients treated with enoxaparin versus placebo in addition to Graduated Elastic Stockings
13.BOREALIS-AF-A multicenter, randomized, double-blind, assessor-blind, non-inferiority study comparing the efficacy and safety of once-weekly subcutaneous biotinylated idraparinux (SSR126517E) with oral adjusted-dose warfarin in the prevention of stroke and systemic thromboembolic events in patients with atrial fibrillation
14. TAXCOR Study-A multicenter registry with paclitaxel eluting coronary stent (TAXCOR) to restenosis
15. DIOR Study-A multicenter Study with paclitaxel eluting coronary Balloon (DIOR) to prevent restenosis
16. XIENCE V Registry-Xience TM Everolimus Eluting Coronary Stent System (EECSS) India Post marketing Registry.
17. E5555 (EISAI) Study-A Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Study of the Safety and Tolerability of E5555, and its Effects on Clinical Events and Biomarkers in Patients with Non-ST-Segment Elevation Acute Coronary Syndrome.
18.OASIS-8 Study- “FondaparinUx Trial with UFH during Revascularization in acute Coronary Syndromes (FUTURA): A prospective study evaluating the safety of two regimens of adjective intravenous UFH during PCI in high risk patients with UA/NSTEMI initially treated with subcutaneous fondaparinux and referred for early coronary angiography (OASIS-8)”
19. RELY-AF Study- RELY AF Registry: Risk Factors, Treatments and Outcomes for Emergency Department Patients with Atrial Fibrillation in Multiple Regions of the World
20.ENGAGE -AF Study-A Phase III, Randomized, Double-Blind, Double-Dummy, Parallel Group, Multi-Center, Multi-National Study for Evaluation of Efficacy and Safety of DU-176B versus Warfarin in Subjects with Atrial Fibrillation
21. RIVAL Study-An international randomized trial of trans-radial versus trans-femoral PCI access site approach in patients with unstable angina or myocardial infarction managed with an invasive strategy
22. E-Biomatrix Diabetic Registry-E-Biomatrix PMD Registry a post market surveillance registry of the Biomatrix drug eluting stent in diabetic patients
23.ASTRONAUT Study-“A multicenter, randomized, double-blind, parallel group, placebo-controlled study to evaluate the 6 months efficacy and safety of aliskiren therapy on top of standard therapy, on morbidity and mortality when initiated early after hospitalization for acute decompensated heart failure”
24. SPREAD Study a randomized open trial comparing post discharge interventions to standard care in acute coronary syndrome (ACS) patients
25.VILDAGLIPTIN Study a multi-center, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled clinical trial to evaluate the effect of 52 weeks treatment with vildagliptin on left ventricular function in patients with type 2 diabetes and congestive heart failure
26. TRILOGY ACS Study A Comparison of Prasugrel and Clopidogrel in Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS) Subjects with Unstable Angina/Non-ST-Elevation Myocardial Infarction (UA/NSTEMI) who are Medically Managed – The TRILOGY ACS Study
27. TAO Study Randomized, double-blind, triple-dummy trial to compare the efficacy of otamixaban with Unfractionated Heparin + eptifibatide,in patients with Unstable angina/Non ST segment Elevation Myocardial Infarction scheduled to undergo an early invasive strategy
28. TIPS-K Study A randomized double-blind 2x2 factorial controlled trial of the efficacy and safety of low strength PolycapTM versus two doses of low strength PolycapTM and of low strength potassium supplementation in patients with stable cardio-vascular disease or ischemic heart disease.
29. PALLAS Study A randomized, double blind, placebo controlled, parallel group trial for assessing the clinical benefit of Dronedarone 400 mg BID on top of standard therapy in patients with permanent atrial fibrillation and additional risk factors
30. TUXEDO STUDY A Prospective Single Blind, Multi-centre, Randomized Trial to Compare the TAXUS ElementTM Coronary Stent System against the XIENCE PrimeTM Coronary Stent System in the treatment of a Diabetic Patient PopulatiOn in India.
31. ALECARDIO STUDY Clinical trial Protocol number BC22140 ALEGLITAZAR (RO0728804): Phase 3 Multicenter, randomized, double-blind, parallel group, placebo controlled study cardiovascular outcomes study to evaluate the potential of aleglitazar to reduce cardiovascular risk in patients with a recent acute coronary syndrome (ACS) event and type 2 diabetes mellitus (T2D).
32. CSCADE 8 STUDY A Phase III, multicentre, international, randomized, parallel group, double blind cardiovascular safety study of BI 10773 (10 mg and 25 mg administered orally once daily)compared to usual care in type 2 diabetes mellitus patients with increased cardiovascular risk.
33. PROMUS ELEMENT REGISTRY A Prospective, Multi Centre Registry to Assess Everolimus – Eluting Coronary Stent System (PROMUS ElementTM) for Coronary Revascularization in an Indian Population of Unrestricted Patients.
34. Poise 2 STUDY POISE-2 Trial - Peri Operative ISchemi Evaluation-2 Trial
A large, international, placebo-controlled, factorial trial to assess the impact of clonidine and acetyl-salicylic acid (ASA) in patients undergoing noncardiac surgery who are at risk of a perioperative cardiovascular event.
35. ADONI STUDY EARLY DETECTION AND SECONDARY PROPHYLAXIS OF RHEUMATIC HEART DISEASE IN SCHOOL-GOING CHILDREN IN ADONI.
36. ANTHEM-HF STUDY Autonomic Neural Regulation THerapy to Enhance Myocardial Function in Heart Failure (ANTHEM-HF) Study.
37.ENCORE STUDY An Extension Study of Neural Regulation Therapy on Myocardial Function in Heart Failure (ENCORE).
38. REDUCE-IT STUDY AMR-01-01-0019: A Multicenter Prospective, Randomized, Double Blind, Placebo-Controlled, Parallel Group Study to Evaluate the Effect of AMR101 on Cardiovascular Health and Mortality in Hypertriglyceridemic Patients with Cardiovascular Disease or at High Risk for Cardiovascular Disease: REDUCE – IT (Reduction of cardiovascular Events with EPA – Intervention Trial).
CONFERENCES HELD AND LIVE CASE OPERATOR
1. Hyderabad Live 2013 Course Director.
2. Live case operator for 4th Indo European course on Revascularization- European Chapter held on August 2010-Live case done via ISDN to Amsterdam.
3. Live case operator for 3rd Indo European course on revascularization Indian Chapter held on Dec 20 2009 from Krishna institute of medical sciences.
4. Live case operator for 3rd Indo European course European chapter held on nov-4-2009 live case done via ISDN to George Pompidou Hospital, Paris, France
5. Started Radial programme and Procter for radial procedures at IBRAHIM Cardiac Hospital and Research Institute -Dhaka -Bangladesh
6. Organizing secretary -National Interventional Council-2009-Hyderabad
7. Live case operator -National Interventional Council -2009.
8. CSI-Hyderabad 2007 live case operator from KIMS -Hyderabad
9. Trans radial work shop held at KIMS, 2006 with Dr.Louvard
10. Complex coronary intervention held at Krishna Institute of Medical Sciences in 2005 with Dr.Marie Claude Morice.
11. Second Indo-french cardiology workshop, Rouen, Oct 1998 Live case operator with Dr.Marie Claude Morice
ABSTRACTS - INTERNATIONAL:
ST Elevation after Intracoronary Injection of papaverine for Fractional Flow reserve estimation.Rajendra Kumar Jain, TNC Padmanabhan, Hygriv Rao, Nishad Chitnis.
Percutaneous Suture of Femoral Arteries Using Perclose Device for Ablation of Intra-aortic Balloon Pump, T.LEFEVRE, MC MORICE, Y.Louvard, P.DUMAS, D. DROUET, C. LOUBERYE, R.K. PREMCHAND, A.BENSLIMANE, J.J.LANORE, PRESENTED AT AHA – 1999
In Stent Thrombosis Following Primary Angioplasty and Stenting in Acute Myocardial Infraction Predictable? C. LOUBERYE, T. LEFEVRE, Y. LOUVARD, S.HERNANDEX, B.VILLEGAS, R.K.PREMCHAND, P.DUMAS, J.F. PIECHAUD, PRESENTED AT AHA SCIENTIFIC SESSIONS 1999.
Stenting of True Bifurcation Lesions, Predictive Factors of Target Vessel Revascularization of Seven-Month Follow-up. T.LEFEVRE, Y.LOUVARD, M.C. MORICE, P. DUMAS, C.LOUBEYRE, R.K. PREMCHAND, N.GUILLARD, J.F. PIECHAUD.
Treatment of In-Stent Restenosis, Shall we Balloon or Stent the Stent? A Prospective Single Centre Randomized Study, T.LEFEVRE, A.BENSLIMANE, R.K. PREMCHAND, Y.LOUVARD, P.DUMAS, C. LOUBEYRE, N.GUILLARD, J.F.PEICHAUD, M.C.MORICE, PRESENTED AT ACC 2000.
The French Registy of Coronary Stent Grafts: Acute and Mid-Term Results, M.C.MORICE, R.K. PREMCHAND, T.LEFEVRE, C.LOUBEYRE, J.F.MORELLE, G. TRAISNEL, P.COMMEAU, P. LABRUNIE, J.BERLAND, T.ROYER, M.HENRY PRESENTED AT ACC 1999.
Stenting of Coronary Lesions: A prospective Single-Center Obervational Study, T.LEFEVRE, Y.LOUVARD, M.C.MORICE, P.DUMAS, C.LOUBEYRE, A.BENSLIMANE, R.K. PREMCHAND Presented at ACC 1999.
Primary Angioplasty and Stenting in Acute Myocardial Infarction: Predictors of Acute and Sub-Acute Stent Thrombosis. C.LOUBEYRE, R.K. PREMCHAND, T.LEFEVRE, M.C.MORICE, P.DUMA, Y.LOUVARD, J.F. PIECHAUD.
Percutaneous suture of femoral arterial using prostar device after intra-aortic balloon pump presented European Society of Cardiology, 1999.
Stenting of “True” bifurcation lesion. Predictive factors of target vessel revascularization at 7-month follow – up. Presented at European Society of Cardiology 1999.
Primary angioplasty and stenting in acute myocardial infraction: Predictive factors of acute and sub-acute stent thrombosis. Presented at European Society of Cardiology 1999.
ABSTRACTS - NATIONAL:
CSI 2013 Bangalore
Time in therapeutic range – Kims Experience – Presented at Annual Conference of cardiological society of India at Bangalore in December 2013.
1. Correlation of HASBLED slore with a bleeding profile in patients on anti coagulants
2. Radial vs femoral Interventions
Pulmonary thromboembolsm correlation of clot burden [By CT pulmonary Angiography] with ECG and Echo Doppler. Presented at Annual conference of cardiological society of India held at Mumbai in Dec 2011.
Fractional flow reserve versus angiography for guiding percutaneous coronary intervention – KIMS experience presented at Annual conference of CSI at Mumbai in Dec 2011.
Comparison of radial versus femoral approach in primary PCI. Presented at Annual conference of CSI at Mumbai in Dec 2011.
Antithrombotics and bleeding study of inpatients in a tertiary care hospital. Presented at Annual conference of CSI at Mumbai in Dec 2011.
Prediction and prevention of contrast nephropathy utility of NGAL estimation Presented at Annual conference of CSI at Mumbai in Dec.2011
IAE CON -2010 GOA
Left atrial myxoma with mitral stenosis – A rare presentation
RA aneurysm- case presentation
Device closure of para valvualr leak
Szabo's Stent technique KIMS experience. Presented at Annual cardiological society of India conference held in Kolkata 2010.
Thrombolytic therapy in acute pulmonary embolism – KIMS experience .Presented at Annual cardiological society of India conference held in Kolkata 2010.
CSI-2009 - COCHIN
Management of acute neurological complications during coronary interventions. Presented at Annual cardiological society of india conference held in Cochin 2009.
Thrombolytic therapy in acute pulmonary embolism. Presented at Annual cardiological society of india conference held in Cochin 2009.
Coarcatation of aorta stenting-kims experience. Presented at Annual cardiological society of india conference held in Cochin 2009.
Management of acute and subacute stent thrombosis. Presented at Annual cardiological society of india conference held in Cochin 2009.
Tenectplase in acute myocardial infarction. Presented at Annual cardiological society of india conference held in Cochin 2009.
CSI-2008 - Chennai
Arterial access door to balloon times and bleeding complication in primary percutaneous coronary intervention in patient with acute ST-elevation myocardial infarction.(STEMI) presented at Annual Cardiological Society of India Conference held in Chennai 2008.
Intravenous bolus tenecteplase thrombolytic therapy in acute and subacute pulmonary thromboembolism presented at Annual Cardiological Society of India Conference held in Chennai 2008.
Six month clinical angiographic follow-up study of polymer carrier loaded daclitaxel eluting (TAXCOR) stent (TAXCOR Study) presented at Annual Cardiological Society of India Conference held in Chennai 2008.
Thrombus extraction during percutaneous coronary intervention in patient with acute coronary syndrome.Presented at Annual Cardiological Society of India Conference held in Chennai 2008.
Coil Closure of Patent Ductus Arteriosus (Jacksons Coil) – Single and Double Catheter Techniques presented at Annual Cardiological Society of India Conference held in Calcutta 1997.
Estimation of Mitral Valve Area by PISA Technique – Comparision with Planimetry and Pressure half Time Presented at Annual Cardiological Society of India Conference held in Calcutta 1997.
Study of Risk Factor Profile of Coronary Artery Disease in a Community Presented at Annual Cardiological Society of India Conference held in Calcutta
Lipid Profile in an Urban Sedentary Population –A community based study
Presented at Annual Cardiological Society of India Conference held in Calcutta 1997. Unusual Balloon Interventions Presented at Annual Cardiological Society of India Conference held in Calcutta 1997.
Late Potentials Detected in SAECG of Patients with Hypertrophic AND dilated Cardiomyopathy – Correlation with 48 Hour Holter Monitoring Presented at Annual Cardiological Society of India Conference held in Calcutta 1997.
Echo Cardiographic Features of Tetralogy of Fallot with flap valve VSD – an Unusual Congenital Defect Presented at Annual Cardiological Society of India Conference held in Calcutta 1997.
Spontaneously Appearing Micro Bubbles Associated with Prosthetic Cardiac Valves Detected by Transthoracic Echocardiography Presented at Annual Cardiological Society of India Conference held in Calcutta 1997.
Ball Thrombus in Left Atrium Presented at Annual Cardiological Society of India Conference held in Calcutta 1997.
Micro Bubbles in Prosthetic Valves Echocardiographic Study Presented at Annual Craniological Society of India Conference held in Bangalore 1996.
Effect of Percutaneous Balloon Mitral Valvuloplasty on left atrial appendage function and Flows Transoesophageal echocardiographic Study Presented at Annual Cardiological Society of India Conference held at Lucknow – 1995.
Unruptured sinus of Valsalva Aneurysm Clinical Echo and Angiocardiographic Study presented at Annual Cardiological Society of India Conference held at Lucknow – 1995.
Role of Echocardiography in evaluation of patients with chest trauma Presented at Annual Cardiological Society of India Conference, held at Lucknow – 1995.
Clinical and Angiographic Profile of Sub Mitral Aneurysm Presented at Annual Cardiological Society of India Conference, held at Lucknow – 1995.
Clinical and Angiographic Profile of Total Anamolous Pulmonary Venous Drainage Presented at Annual Cardiological Society of India Conference, held at Lucknow – 1995.
Thrombolytic therapy for Right Atrial Thrombi-Nizam’s Institute of Medical Sciences Experience Presented at Annual Cardiological Society of India Conference, held at Lucknow – 1995.
Clinical and Angiographic Profile of Dexttrocardia Presented at Annual Cardiological Society of India Conference, held at Lucknow – 1995.
Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy and Myocardial Bridging Presented at Annual Cardiological Society of India Conference, held at Lucknow – 1995.
In Coronary Angiogram Mandatory in Patients going for Vascular Surgery Presented at Annual Cardiological Society of India Conference, held at Lucknow – 1995.
D-transposition of Great Arteriers – Nizam’s Institute of Medical Sciences Experience Presented at Annual Cardiological Society of India Conference, held at Lucknow – 1995.
Clinical and Angiographic Profile of Double Chambered Right Ventricle Presented at Indian College of Cardiology held at Bangalore – 1994.
Lytic Therapy for prosthetic Struck valve – Nizam’s Institute of Medical Sciences Experience Presented at Annual Cardiological Society of India Conference, held at Jaipur–1994.
Morphological Assessment of Mitral Valve by Echo for suitability for Mitral Valve Repair Presented at Annual Cardiological Society of India Conference, held at Madras– 1993.
MEMBERSHIP PROFESSIONAL BODIES
EXECUTIVE MEMBER – NATIONAL CSI - INDIA
Fellow American College of Cardiology
Association of Physicians of India
Indian Medical Association
Cardiological Society of India
MEDICAL REGISTRATION NUMBER- AMC 18143