WHAT CELL PHONES DO TO YOUR BRAIN?
When cell phones are on, they emit energy in the form of radiation that could be harmful, especially after years of cell phone usage. Scientists don't know yet whether cell phone radiations are bad for the brain. Some studies are attempting to find out. Even if the impact on the brain is yet to be explored in detail, cell phones do take a toll on your ability to balance stress and achieve better brain health. Without taking breaks to disconnect, you feel more stressed and anxious and this can impact sleep and relaxation, an important pillar of brain health.
WHAT STEPS TO TAKE TO PREVENT CELL PHONE ADDICTION?
An addiction is when the thing you are addicted to begins to control your life and interferes with your daily activities, work, and relationships. Here are five tips to manage your phone addiction.
- The first 30 minutes upon awakening should be dedicated to creating a good start to your day. Start your day doing healthy, positive things to build your inner fortitude to take on the day ahead.
- Create no-phone time zones. This means that for at least 2 hours of your day you close off your phone and stay completely dedicated to the work in front of you.
- Turn your phone off when you get into the car.
- Attend to people and conversations. Make sure you switch off your phones when you are having a conversation with people.
- Get the required amount of sleep. If you find yourself up late at night playing on your phone, whether it is video games, Facebook, or text messaging, you are losing precious sleep over your addiction. The moment you stop putting energy into caring for your basic needs and pour your time and energy into your phone, you are allowing the phone to dictate your health and well-being. If you catch yourself in this scenario, power off your phone an hour before bed time, and that you get to bed on time to start the next day afresh.
Brain health is important and to keep you mentally healthy KIMS, one of the best neurology hospitals in Hyderabad, urges you to keep your cell phones to minimal use. Our best neurologist in Hyderabad as well as our best brain specialist doctors in Hyderabad conduct regular seminars and interventions to help people understand the impact of cell phones on mental health. We are always there for your good physical as well as mental health.