The Krishna Institute of Medical Sciences adopts and refines the latest technologies to ensure that their patients receive the most effective skin and hair treatments possible. Laser treatments currently available include
- Fractionated Nd-YAG laser to treat scars from acne, from surgical procedures, blotchy skin color (pigmentation), as well as cosmetic treatment for wrinkles.
- YAG laser for the treatment of a severe form of acne and other diseases of the hair follicle.
- Red light photodynamic therapy for superficial skin cancers (non-melanoma type).
- High-intensity laser for skin cancers.
- Laser to remove pigmented lesions such as sunspots, warts, certain tattoos, birthmarks, and acne scars.
- Vascular pulsed dye laser to soften the appearance of spider veins, stretch marks, scars, and for treatment of acne.
- Laser phototherapy in which a chemical solution is applied to the skin followed by laser treatment to treat actinic keratosis, skin cancers, and acne.
- Lasers for hair removal on different types of skin and for different types of hair.
Technological advances in Dermatology have taken large strides in the application of new devices and techniques. The technological advances in dermatology will continue to improve the treatment of scars, skin grafting, and other dermatological problems, decreasing procedure time and increasing efficacy, and therefore delivering service to the highest satisfaction of the patient. KIMS aims to be at the forefront of dermatological services.