KIMS offers a comprehensive range of services in Dermatology and utilizes the most current safe and effective treatment options available to achieve the best results. As a well established centre for the care of common but difficult skin disease, KIMS is at the leading edge of research and treatments. These tests and treatments are:
Conventional Dermatological Tests
- Dermatological sampling (skin scrapes) techniques and microscopic examining of parasital infections
- Skin cytologic examinations (bacteria, fungus, blood cells infiltration, tumour cells)
- Dermatophytes infections and other bacterial and fungus culture
- PCR (identification of viral DNA, bacterial, fungal)
- Serology (anti-fungus antibodies detection, rickettsia protozoa)
- Skin tissue immuno-histochemical evaluation
- Skin allergy testing (seric immune globulins “patch” test)
- Dermatoscopy for pigmented lesions.
Tremendous Range of Treatments
- Skin, Scalp, Nail Biopsies: It is a prime investigation apart from blood investigations to diagnose various types of skin diseases. The Dermato-pathology department is well equipped at KIMS hospital with expert pathologists to diagnose various dermatological diseases.
- Split Skin Smear: A procedures done by well-trained microbiologists to diagnose granulomatous diseases like Hansen’s disease.
- Biological Treatments: An advanced treatments for various Chronic Skin diseases like psoriasis
- Medical and surgical Treatment: For diseases such as vitiligo.
- Advanced Treatments: For connective tissue disorders (SLE, Scleroderma, MCTD, etc).
Apart from the treatments, we also have the following skin care regimen:
- Awareness regarding balanced diet and early diagnosis and treatment of poor nutrition related and metabolic skin diseases.
- Early diagnosis by skin manifestations of various internal malignant disorders.
- Care of skin and related disorders during pregnancy, (after pregnancy) and care of new born baby skin.
- Diagnosis and treatment of oral cavity and all other mucous membrane. Early diagnosis and treatment of various venereal, non-venereal diseases, HIV and Leprosy.
- Management of dermatological emergencies like severe drug reactions and Allergies.
The Cosmetology and Laser centre offers the most state of the art treatment options in cosmetic and plastic surgery to help patients achieve their personal goals. Our surgeons are experts in cosmetic dermatologic surgery and will custom design your treatment options to best meet your needs in problems. Our treatment options include:
- Cosmetic laser treatments and cosmetic plastic surgery
- Advanced Chemical peels (for Acne pigmentation, Melanin)
- Treatment/ procedures for all stages of Acne Vulgaris
- LASER hair removal
- Speciality areas
- Our specialty areas include: Psychiatry, Neurology, Paediatrics, Cardiology, Geriatric, Endocrinology, General Medicine, and Obesity