OUT PATIENT SERVICES
Helps to visualize and identify the anatomical and functional lesions in the nose, ear, and throat
- Pediatric endoscopy
- Nasal endoscopy
- Oto endoscopy
- Rigid and flexible endoscopy
- Bedside endoscopy
Helps in treatment by guiding the surgeon in following conditions
- Intra tympanic injections for tinnitus and giddiness
- Nasal packing for bleeding
- Endonasal cauterisation
- INPATIENT TREATMENTS & PROCEDURES
- All types of general ENT and specialized surgeries are performed at KIMS Hospital.
we are equipped with the latest ATMOS stutter which is minimally invasive and painless.
- Tongue base reduction
- Turbinate reduction
- Tracheal Stunting
- Lateralisation of vocal cord
- Flexible Laryngoscopic procedures
- Phonosurgery for Vocal Cord Paralysis
- Cord Lateralisation
- Balloon trachioplasty
- Tongue base resection
Hearing restoration surgeries
- Stapes Surgery
- Modified Radical Mastoidectomy
- Pituitary Tumour
- CSF Leaks
- Sinus Surgeries
Head & Neck Surgeries
- Cancer surgeries for
- Thyroid surgeries
- Parotid Surgery
- Radical Parotidectomy
- Submandibular Salivary Gland Surgeries
Audiologist is a specialist deals with evaluation and diagnosis of hearing ability, identifies the site of lesion and severity of the hearing loss. This helps in deciding the management options. And also deals with improving the hearing ability by prescribing and fitting latest state of art technology Amplification devices (hearing aids).
- Pure Tone Audiometry
- Impedance Audiometry
- Short Increment Sensitivity Index (SISI)
- Tone decay test (TDT)
- Acoustic reflex decay test
- Alternate Binaural Loudness Balance test (ABLB)
- Glycerol test
- Tinnitus evaluation
- Brainstem Evoked Response Audiometry (BERA)
- Otoacoustic Emissions (OAE)
- Cochlear Implants Counseling
In the rehabilitation sector we render our services by providing excellent Sound quality by offering innovative hearing solutions thus giving the confidence to lead the active lives
The services given here are
- Hearing aid trial and fitting (with the help of strong global brands)
- Ear mould ( Soft, Hard and U.V moulds)
- Auditory verbal therapy
- Professional counseling
- Rehab after Cochlear Implants Surgery
COCHLEAR IMPLANT SURGERY
BAHA (BONE ANCHORED HEARING AID)
The Audiologist provides a comprehensive rehabilitation service for adults who have hearing difficulties and/or associated disorders.
The Audiologist is also able to support those who experience tinnitus, giving helpful advice and counseling concerning management strategies in dealing with tinnitus and reducing its intrusiveness.
SPEECH & SWALLOWING PATHOLOGY
Speech pathologist is a specialist deals with speech, voice, language, swallowing and feeding disorders.
Voice is the sound produced by the larynx. It can be affected by injury, illness, or vocal abuse (like chronic yelling). Voice problems may result in difficulties with pitch, volume or quality of voice. We provide
- Comprehensive voice evaluation including objective acoustic and aerodynamic measurements
- Post-surgical voice conservation
- Voice conservation in Professional voice users like singers, teachers etc
- Eclectic approach for Voice therapy
- Acoustic, aerodynamic monitoring during therapy
- Restoration of voice after laryngectomy with voice prosthesis (Provox, blom-singer), electro-larynx.
Swallowing disorders (Dysphagia)
Difficulty in swallowing is a condition known as “Dysphagia.” Problems include Choking, coughing, aspiration, regurgitation, frequent clearing of the throat and getting food stuck in the throat. Patients with head and cancer post operatively or post radiation, Neurological voice disorders, Cleft lip and palate & vocal fold palsy may develop swallowing disorders.
We provide Comprehensive assessment and management of swallowing disorders.
Performing Fiberoptic endoscopy evaluation of swallowing (FEES) & Videofluoroscopic Swallow Study as an objective measurement and guides in therapy.
Auditory Re-habilitation/ habilitation
Speech and language therapy is mandatory for children with hearing impairment who are using amplification devices (Hearing aid/ cochlear implant) to promote the speech and language development. We are also involved in developing the communication strategies for persons with hearing impairment who may not be much benefited with amplification devices.
We also deal with comprehensive evaluation and management of speech and swallowing difficulties in patients with maxillectomy, mandibulectomy, glosectomy etc.