The department of neurology at KIMS consists of a team of highly competent neurologists available round the clock, equipped with state-of-the art technology and equipment providing world class patient care with a human touch. The department of neurology is centre of excellence and is a tertiary care referral centre with patients not only coming from all over the states of Andhra Pradesh , rest of India and also out of the country. The department actively pursues clinical care and research activities in the various sub-specialities.
Patient care has been the highest priority of the Department of Neurology at KIMS Hospitals since its founding in 2004. The department has fostered the development of a wide range of subspecialty services provided by expert clinicians; these include Stroke, Epilepsy and Epilepsy Surgery, movement disorders Alzheimer's disease, ataxia, head ache , multiple sclerosis, neurobehavioral and neuromuscular disorders, stroke, pain management. The department has a state of art neurocritical care unit catering to the management of aute Neurological care and emergencies. We have interdisciplinary programs across all major subspecialties through collaborations with colleagues in the Departments of Neurosurgery, Psychiatry, Radiology/Neuroradiology.
KIMS Hospital Ongole provide the best neurological care in the treatment of complex neurological disorders like Central nervous system disorders, Parkinson, and any neurological related problems. They provide the best treatment for neurology problems in Ongole with their best and advanced neurosurgery techniques.
Department of Neurology, KIMS Hospitals has state of art equipment and technology that includes:
Electrophysiology labs :
- EEG labs: We offer comprehensive neuro-electrophysiology work up and The department has three state of art longterm Telemetry Video EEG Units, two Bedside continuous EEG monitoring units, two digital OPD EEG machines. The unique combination of experienced Neurologists with qualified technicians makes the electrophysiology lab one of a kind.
- The EMG lab: It is equipped with facilities for Nerve conduction studies, EMG, Evoked potentials and Autonomic function Testing.
- Intraoprative Electrocorticography, cortical stimulation, neuronavigation are routinely done during epilepsy surgery.
- TCD- Trans Cranial doppler for evaluation of patients with Stroke and other vascular disorders.
- Research is a critical element in the fight against neurological disease; it paves the way for the development and implementation of new therapies and provides opportunities to expand our academic mission. Our Neurologists pioneer new surgical therapies for epilepsy, parkinson's disease and dystonia and the application of deep brain stimulation for movement disorders. Our multidisciplinary studies on outcome of patients with epilepsy and epilepsy surgery and in diseases requiring admission into neuro-critical care unit have been published in reputed indexed journals from around the globe.
The Department of Neurology is devoted to DNB education. Daily, weekly, and monthly recurring educational conferences are abundant and provide residents the opportunity to participate in interactive learning sessions. The department regularly organizes Continuing Medical Education programmes in various sub-specialities of Neurology for physicians, Neurologists and Paediatricians.