Best Neurology Hospital in Nellore
The department of neurology at KIMS consists of a team of highly competent neurologists available round the clock, equipped with state-of-the-art technology and equipment providing world-class patient care with a human touch. The department of neurology is the center of excellence and is a tertiary care referral center with patients not only coming from all over the states of Telangana and Andhra Pradesh rest of India and also out of the country. The department actively pursues clinical care and research activities in the various sub-specialties.
Patient care has been the highest priority of the Department of Neurology at KIMS Hospitals since its founding, making it one of the best neurology hospitals in Nellore and in India. The department has fostered the development of a wide range of subspecialty services provided by expert clinicians; these include Stroke, Epilepsy and Epilepsy Surgery, movement disorders, Alzheimer's disease, ataxia, headache, multiple sclerosis, neurobehavioral and neuromuscular disorders, stroke, pain management. The department has a state-of-the-art neurocritical care unit catering to managing acute Neurological care and emergencies. We have interdisciplinary programs across all major subspecialties through collaborations with colleagues in the Departments of Neurosurgery, Psychiatry, and Radiology/Neuroradiology.
KIMS Hospital Nellore provides the best neurological care in the treatment of complex neurological disorders like Central nervous system disorders, Parkinson's, and any neurological-related problems. They provide the best treatment for neurology problems in Nellore with their best and most advanced neurosurgery techniques.
Department of Neurology, KIMS Hospitals has state-of-the-art equipment and technology that includes:
Electrophysiology labs :
- EEG Labs: We offer comprehensive neuro-electrophysiology workup, and The department has three states of art long-term Telemetry Video EEG Units, two Bedside continuous EEG monitoring units, and two digital OPD EEG machines. The unique combination of experienced Neurologists with qualified technicians makes the electrophysiology lab one of a kind.
- The EMG lab is equipped with facilities for Nerve conduction studies, EMG, Evoked potentials, and Autonomic function Testing.
- Intraoperative Electrocorticography, cortical stimulation, and neuronavigation are routinely done during epilepsy surgery.
- TCD- Trans Cranial doppler for evaluation of patients with stroke and other vascular disorders.
- Research is a critical element in the fight against neurological disease; it paves the way for developing and implementing new therapies and provides opportunities to expand our academic mission. Our Neurologists pioneer new surgical therapies for epilepsy, Parkinson's disease, and dystonia and the application of deep brain stimulation for movement disorders. Our multidisciplinary studies on outcomes of patients with epilepsy and epilepsy surgery and in diseases requiring admission into neuro-critical care units have been published in reputed indexed journals from around the globe.