What is cardiology?
Cardiology is a specialized field of medicine that aims at treating and studying the disorders of the heart and blood vessels. This branch of internal medicine is dealt in by a cardiologist who is different from a cardiac surgeon. A cardiac surgeon, on the other hand, performs heart surgery by opening the chest. However, a cardiologist aims at diagnosing and treating diseases related to the cardiovascular system. In this capacity, the cardiologist from the Best Heart Hospital in Kondapur will carry out myriad tests and procedures like angioplasty, heart catheterizations, and insertion of a pacemaker.
However, it is crucial that you know the difference between heart disease and cardiovascular disease. Heart diseases specifically relate to the diseases of the heart, whereas cardiovascular diseases encompass the diseases related to the heart as well as the blood vessels.
In simple words, cardiology includes the assessment of the medical history of the patient and the conducting of a physical examination.
Tests and procedures
The different types of tests and procedures performed by the Hospital For Cardiology in Kondapur are as follows-
1. Echocardiogram. An echocardiogram is a type of test that can provide you with an ultrasound picture showing the structure of the heart chambers and the surrounding areas. Hence, this test can help you know the functioning of your heart. Other than this, an echocardiogram can even help to measure how well your heart is pumping blood and detect inflammation around the heart, referred to as pericarditis.
2. Nuclear cardiology. Under this type of test, the team of proficient cardiologists from the Top Cardiology Hospital in Kondapur use radioactive materials to perform nuclear imagining techniques and detect different cardiovascular diseases and disorders in a non-invasive manner. Examples of nuclear cardiology encompass myocardial perfusion imaging, infraction imaging, Planar imaging, etc.
3. Electrocardiogram. This type of test helps to record the electrical activity of the heart.
4. Exercise test or a stress test. As the name suggests, this test can help measure the limitation and performance of your heart as it changes the rhythm while you are resting and exercising.
5. Cardiac catheterization. Catheter-based techniques can help to relieve a blockage in your heart vessels and hence treat coronary artery diseases, congenital cardiac diseases, or valvular diseases.
Department of cardiology
With the aim to provide patients with the most complete and advanced cardiology services, the Department of Cardiology at the Krishna Institute of Medical Sciences is the Top Cardiology Hospital in Kondapur. Our department is manned by more than 10 cardiologists who have extensive expertise in their field and are renowned globally for providing cardiac care. The team of proficient doctors provides a spectrum of cardiac care from echocardiography, heart transplantation, angiography to even advanced cardiac rehabilitation and heart failure and preventive cardiology.
Moreover, the members of our faculty are experts in all these sub-specialties including providing diagnostic as well as therapeutic treatments to address heart problems. Other factors that substantiate our reputation as the best Heart Surgery Hospital in Kondapur & Gachibowli entail state-of-the-art infrastructure, top-notch facilities, and advanced equipment. The latest advanced technology helps us to provide treatment in interventional cardiology, pediatric cardiology, and electrophysiology with transparent and ethical practices. What’s even great is that we don’t just focus on treating heart attacks, but also include our patients in each step of the procedure to provide them the best prevention and care and hence maintain their heart’s health.
1. What are the different symptoms that indicate the presence of a heart condition?
Different signs and symptoms could indicate the presence of a heart problem. When you observe these symptoms, you should immediately contact the Top Cardiology Hospital in Kondapur. These symptoms include changes in your heart rhythm, chest pain, shortness of breath, high blood pressure, or dizziness.
2. What is an electrophysiology study (EPS)?
An electrophysiology study is a type of test under which a catheter is threaded into a vein at the top of the leg. The electrophysiology study can help to show any symptoms of your heart and if you require a pacemaker or not. Other than this, this test can even help to fabricate the best treatment for patients who have abnormal heart rhythms.
3. At what age should you see a cardiologist?
Generally, people younger than their mid-60s may not have any heart attacks. However, there have been cases in which people in their 30s, 40s, and 50s have had heart diseases. Moreover, some people may even have a history of heart disease in their families. In such cases, it becomes crucial for you to visit cardiologists at an early age.
4. What are the different subspecialties of cardiology?
The different specialties of cardiology include nuclear cardiology, cardiac electrophysiology, interventional cardiology, and Echocardiography.