People tend to opt for conservative therapies than any surgical procedures opine the best spine surgery doctor in Hyderabad. After having gone through many sessions of conservative therapies sometimes the pain still remains. Then they resort to the surgical procedures having no choice with the increased discomfort in the back. The surgical procedures are a scare as the pain is too much even after the surgery until it heals. With the minimally invasive technique the spine surgery is very effective.
Lower back pain is the most common pain in the spine usually eases off within 2-3 weeks. However if the pain is chronic one goes to the best spine centre in Hyderabad. The physician would initially analyse the condition and his first approach would be to treat him with conservative approach (non-invasive method) to:
- Provide strength and to condition the back
- Reduce pain and the spasms
- To ease pain, sleeplessness and depression
Generally if the lower back pain is getting chronic and is affecting his daily routine, there is a need for the surgery. It also includes:
- If the patient loses bowel or bladder control; has weakness in his legs; then it is a medical emergency. There may be a need for the surgery. Yet, in most of the cases, surgery is rare.
- If the patient has severe back pain and the physician doesn’t find any anatomical reason for the pain then he will advice the noninvasive approach only for his patient.
- Spinal Fusion: This surgery is conducted when the joints in the pain is severe. The cause of the pain would be due to trauma, tumors, infections, degenerative disc diseases, spondylolisthesis. The surgically approach is invasive where a large incision is made, cutting through the tissue and bony structure. Even after the procedure there is a lot of pain and the patient faces muscle spasms opines the famous spine surgeon in Hyderabad.
- Microdiscectomy: This procedure is conducted using minimally invasive method for patients who have a condition called radiculopathy on outpatient basis. The patients can resume their activities as soon as they are relieved from the hospital care. The success rates are high. Even if they come back for any re-correction it can be fixed without any need for spinal fusion.
Best hospitals for degenerative disc treatment recommend minimally invasive procedure than the non-invasive or open spine surgery is for the reasons that you will have an advantage for: Let’s see what they are:
- With the minimal muscle dissection and a smaller incision is an advantage as the healing time reduces and there is minimal blood loss
- The intra-operative imaging guide allows the screws etc to be placed accurately.
- Patient with myofascial pain the minimal invasive approach serves better as the amount of muscle disruption is lesser
- In the mini open techniques the cortical screws is a better option than the pedicle screws to set right multi segment lumbar stenosis.
The KIMS hospital stands tall in adapting the approaches and the newest techniques in the treatment for the degenerative disc in India. Without wasting much time the patients are guided towards the treatment in the best way his body is able to accept and handle it.