Childhood Obesity is an outcome of erroneous eating patterns. A child is called obese if the body mass index (BMI) for age is greater than 95%. A child is identified as overweight when her body mass index is Childhood Obesity is an outcome of erroneous eating patterns. A child is called obese if the body mass index (BMI) for age is greater than 95%. A child is identified as overweight when her body mass index is greater than 85% and lesser than 95. Consulting a physician and taking an obesity Treatment in Hyderabad can help prevent any major problems.
Pediatric obesity treatment in Hyderabad can help children fight social discrimination, depression, and the inferiority complex that come along with obesity as risks. The potential risks include:
- Sleep Apnea
- Heart diseases
- High cholesterol
Hospital for child obesity in Hyderabad says that several factors attribute to childhood Obesity such as:
- Environment: Unhealthy food products, the beverages amount to a lot of calories. Eating at restaurants, cafeterias have become a cool factor for most of the kids and consider them more often than healthy food made at home.
- Hereditary: Parents who were affected by childhood obesity have chances that they spread it to their kids through their genes.
- Socio-economic status: People who lack education on nutrition like the lower less educated class or the uneducated class often eats foods that are not apt for the body also leads to obesity.
- Lack of Physical Activity: Children spend more time watching TV, computers, and other electronic gadgets such as mobiles, i- pads, I-pods, etc. Decreased physical activity in schools has made them disinterested in sporting activities.
- Dietary Patterns: A balanced diet with a combination of fruits, veggies, meat, fish, or chicken with the right intake balanced on a weekly basis gives you the right nutrition.
Let’s take a look at measures to prevent childhood obesity.
- Determining a child’s weight as per BMI: If you notice that your child is overweight take her to a physician to rule out childhood obesity.
- An organized schedule for your child: Diet is not recommended for children. Set a plan for your child which will include the intake of the right food and regular physical activity.
- Promote a healthy lifestyle: Educate them on nutrition, right eating patterns, and health. Let it start with you.
- Involve them in activities: Take the kids for shopping. Allow them to take part in cooking. Know their choices and blend them in your cooking.
- Surgery: Surgery is recommended for children as a last resort. Laparoscopic gastric banding and gastric bypass surgery are the surgical options available. However, the former is preferred and Robotic surgery for bariatric can be fruitful in preventing childhood obesity.
KIMS has the latest technology and equipment for treating childhood obesity through surgical procedures. KIMS has a panel of the best Paediatric obesity surgeons in Hyderabad who have been upgrading themselves as and when the technology is advancing which has not only helped them grow professionally but also have been a great help for mankind in preventing various diseases.