The children today are hooked to television and computers to watch their favorite cartoon shows, movies or to play games. Every home is accessed to the internet and there are umpteen things on the net that can engross a little minds’ attention. With parents yearning to earn more money, the kids tend to get alone and are confined to their households than going out in the sun and play or enjoy the feeling of being with friends.
HOW PHYSICAL ACTIVITY IS HELPFUL IN THE UPBRINGING OF THE CHILD?
- The emotional connection they get around friends when they venture out to play helps in developing a bond that builds gradually and thereby a small social circle for themselves.
- Physical activity boosts the competitive spirit and the exhaustion that’s gotten him because of this activity will supply his body with vitamin D.
- It helps him in the development of stronger bones and muscles. It makes him a disciplinarian that goes into his adulthood only to make him a better individual.
- The little world has its young inhabitants a struggle to create a niche for themselves, be it is the best friend or a politico with influence, etc.
- Not to laugh at- they hold and bind them. Their thoughts and ideas are heard and implemented at their own levels. They get to believe that things can be achieved with certain limitations. This improves confidence and mental growth.
- The social and emotional connection with friends and mates gives them knowledge, sensibility to understand, adapt, relate, and work together as a team.
WHAT DOES PHYSICAL INACTIVITY IN CHILDREN LEAD TO?
Today the prevalence of fast food and the lack of importance of healthy food has led tochildhood disorders like obesity, diabetes, and cardiovascular diseases affecting young minds and in their growth and development.
This stress has often caused anxiety in young parents as much as in their children. Leading to psychological disorders as well.
Prevention is better than cure. Let’s work towards it as today’s children are tomorrows’ citizens and we cannot afford to lose them at a young age.
- A healthy intake of food daily with just one cheat day in a week to pamper the taste buds of your child.
- Inculcate a regular exercise routine in yourself and motivate them and make sure they adhere to the rules set down by you.
- A normal and realistic upbringing which also should be essentially gadgets and internet free stimulates the young body, mind, and spirit.
- Enroll them into a favorite sport of her choice and take her regularly.
- Encourage them to go out and play with neighbor friends. A double exercise routine enhances the mood and keeps her active all through the day.
In case the child is already a target to cardiovascular and obesity-related diseases, visit the Paediatric Cardiac Centres in Hyderabad along with your child who will handle her gently and help her out to fight the disease efficiently.