Dr. Prabhat Dutta Mahesh Chandra
Addition Director & HOD CTVS Anaesthesia (Heart Lung Transplant Institute)
- MBBS Al ameen medial college Bijapur 1991 -1996
- MD anaesthesia,JNMC Belgaum 1999-2002
- PDCC cardiac anaesthesia KLE Heart foundation Belgaum 2003-2004
- Jr Consultant cardiac anaesthesia 2004 to 2005 RTIICS Kolkata
- Consultant& HOD cardiac anaesthesia 2005 to 2010 Apollo hospitals Dhaka
- Consultant & HOD cardiac anaesthesia & critical care 2010 to 2012 Narayan Huydayalaya Jaipur
- Additional Director& HOD cardiac anaesthesia&critical care 2012 to 2017 FMRI Gougaon
- Additional Director & HOD cardiac anaesthesia&critical care 2017 to 2020 GGHC CHENNAI
- Additional Director& HOD CTVS anaesthesia &critical care( Heart Lung Transplant unit)2020 onwards KIMS Secunderabad
Areas of interest
- Anesthesia for pediatric and neonatal cardiac surgery & Post OP care
- Anesthesia for heart and lung transplant.
- Critical care of left ventricular assist device (LVAD)
- ECMO insertion and management.
- Perioperative Management of heart and lung transplant.
Publications and Presentation
- First Series of Combined Heart & Lung Transplantation from India
April 2020, The Journal of Heart and Lung Transplantation39(4):S387 DOI: 10.1016/j.healun.2020.01.505
- AIRWAY COMPLICATIONS POST LUNG TRANSPLANTATION: LARGEST SINGLE CENTER INDIAN EXPERIENCE
June 2020, CHEST 157(6):A450 DOI: 10.1016/j.chest.2020.05.510
- Tailored Immunosuppression Using CYP3A5 Metaboliser Status in Heart and Lung Transplant Cases - An Indian Study
April 2020, The Journal of Heart and Lung Transplantation39(4):S504 DOI: 10.1016/j.healun.2020.01.107
- Pulmonary alveolar microlithiasis: A rare disease treated with lung transplantation, first case from India
November 2019, Lung India 36(6):546 DOI: 10.4103/lungindia.lungindia_50_19
- Correlation of Tacrolimus Levels and Metabolizer Status Based on CYP3A5 Polymorphism in Indian Lung Transplant Recipients
April 2019, The Journal of Heart and Lung Transplantation38(4):S410 DOI: 10.1016/j.healun.2019.01.1045
- Poster presentation – “Successful Bilateral Lung Transplant for Pulmonary Alveolar Microlithiasis at a Tirtiary Care Hospital in India” – ISHLT 2018, April 2018, Nice, France
- Duct occluder in the management of persistent postoperative pleural effusion after bidirectional Glenn’s shunt (The Egyptian Journal of Cardiothoracic Anesthesia 2014, 8:51–54)
- Comparative study of post operative chest tube drainage in CABG patients off PUMP Vs on PUMP. (During PDCC). Hemodynamic changes during Propopfol-fentanyl anaesthetic induction in patients with poor ventricular function: A comparison with Etomidate-Fentalnyl (IACTA 2005).
- Giant Right Coronary Cameral Fistula with concomitant Triple Vessel Coronary Artery Disease undergoing surgical repair – ( the world Society of Cardio-thoracic Surgeons -12th July to 13th July, 2007 Kyoto, Japan).
- LV aneurysm repair:Experience in Appolo Hospitals Dhaka ------- National Conference of Cardiovascular Disease organized by (National Heart Foundation & Research Institute, Dhaka-1st& 2nd Dec, 2008,p-38).
- Accepted as Poster Presentation in 4th Integrated Cardiovascular Repair Workshop, Innsbruck Austria 2008.Off pump CABG and its outcome, experience in Apollo hospitals, Dhaka.
- Accepted as Poster Presentation in 4th Integrated Cardiovascular Repair Workshop, Innsbruck Austria 2008.A-P window – 30 years old lady with severe pulmonary hypertension.
- Accepted as Poster Presentation in 4th Integrated Cardiovascular Repair Workshop, Innsbruck Austria 2008.LV aneurysm repair: experience in Apollo Hospitals Dhaka.
- LV aneurysm repair, experiences in Apollo Hospitals Dhaka, ISMICS’ 2009 Annual winter Workshop organized by (The Medicity, Delhi, India - 11th Dec to 13th Dec, 2009).
- Poster presentation- Repair of Truncus Arteriosus Using Valved Conduit – Report of Two cases – (ISMICS’ 2009 -11th Dec to 13th Dec, Delhi, India).
- International society of heart and lung transplant
- Indian society of heart and lung transplant.
- Telangana Medical Council
- West Bengal Medical Council