|10:00am - 04:00pm||10:00am - 04:00pm||10:00am - 04:00pm||10:00am - 04:00pm||10:00am - 04:00pm||10:00am - 04:00pm||Not Available|
Dr. Sarbeswar Sahariah was born on 1st of April, 1945 at Mangaldai, in the Darrang district of Assam. After completing his Primary School education in a remote village in Assam he joined Mangaldai Higher Secondary School in 1954 and passed Higher Secondary examination in 2nd division in 1961. Incidentally Dr. Sahariah secured the highest mark in Biology in H. S. final examination in the whole state during that year which helped him in joining the Medical College in Guwahati in 1962. Dr. Sahariah completed the medical course in 1967 and stood 4th in order of merit in the university. Due to the poor financial condition of the family Govt of Assam helped him in completing the medical education by offering him a scholarship for “economically backward class”.
After completing his graduation Dr. Sahariah wanted to persue higher studies in medicine and had to go to Delhi as proper post graduate training facility was not available in the state of Assam during those days. After completion of one year of House job training at Safdarjang Hospital, New Delhi, Dr. Sahariah was selected at the prestigious Postgraduate Medical Institute at Chandigarh for post graduate training in the field of General Surgery which he completed in the year 1975. He secured the bronze medal in the final examination for the degree of Master of Surgery (M.S). Though there were many opportunities to go abroad for a lucrative job he decided to stay back in the country and persue his career both in clinical and experimental surgery. He developed interest in experimental transplantation and started working in the field of experimental kidney and pancreas transplantation in 1972. He was also associated with the first successful renal transplantation at PGI, Chandigarh in 1973. Since then Dr. Sahariah has completely devoted his medical career for the development of renal transplantation programme in the country. While Dr. Sahariah was working as a faculty member at the Post Graduate Medical Institute Chandigarh, he was offered the post of Head of Organ Transplantation Centre at the Osmania University, Hyderabad which he joined in 1981.
Immediately after joining Dr. Sahariah performed the first successful renal transplant operation in the state of Andhra Pradesh in May, 1981 and since then has performed more than 3000 such operations which is perhaps series the largest by a single surgeon in the country. Dr. Sahariah subsequently resigned from the government job and started practicing at various hospitals in the city of Hyderabad. He has the distinction of initiating the Renal Transplant Programme in almost every center in the state of A.P., which includes the prestigious Nizam Institute of Medical Sciences. He has single handedly developed the specialty of Organ Transplantation in the state of Andhra Pradesh and Assam during last 30 years.
Dr. Sahariah has performed the first ten successful Renal Transplant Operation in the state of Assam (Dibrugarh & Guwahati) during 1992-1995. He started the Renal Transplant Programme in year 2005 at Guwahati Medical College. He has also initiated the renal transplant programme at Down Town Hospital, Guwahati (2001) and International Hospital, Guwahati in 2010. Dr. Sahariah has initiated the Renal Transplant programme at the following places outside the city of Hyderabad.
- Bollineni Hospital, Nellore, A.P.
- CDR Hospital, Visakhapatnam, A.P.
- Pinnamalani Polyclinic, Vijayawada, A.P.
- Seven Hills Hospital, Visakhapatnam, A.P.
- St. Jhons Medical College, Bangalore
- M.S. Ramaiah Medical College, Bangalore
- Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, New Delhi
- Down Town Hospital, Guwahati, Assam
- Damani Hospital, Dibrugarh, Assam.
- JN Medical College, Wardha, Maharastra
- Suretech Hospital, Nagpur, Maharastra
- Kalinga Hospital Bhubaneswar, Orrisa
- High Tech Medical College Hospital, Bhubaneswar, Orrisa
- Orange City Hospital, Nagpur, Maharastra
- Gauhati Medical College Hospital, Guwahati
- International Hospital, Guwahati, Assam
Dr. Sahariah has also the distinction of performing the first Cadaver Renal Transplantation in the state of Andhra Pradesh and has performed the first laparoscopic donor nephrectomy in the country.
Contribution to the North-East Region:
Dr. Sahariah has performed the first ten successful Renal Transplant Operation in the state of Assam (Dibrugarh & Guwahati) during 1992-2003 and presently he is an adviser to All Assam Kidney Transplant Forum for the Renal Transplant Program.
Most of the patients from the northeastern states of India including Assam underwent Renal Transplantation with Dr. Sahariah with successful outcome. In Hyderabad the operations are conducted at a much concessional rate at Mahavir Hospital which is a charitable organization. This has resulted in extending the benefit of Organ Transplantation to the weaker section of the society from the region.
Dr. Sahariah has intiated the successful Renal Transplantation programme at Guwahati Medical College Hospital, Guwahati, Downtown Hospital, Guwahati International Hospital, Guwahati and Damani Hospital, Dibrugrah, Assam. He is also one of the promoter of the International Hospital, Guwahati, a multispeciality hospital and started the Renal Transplantation programme recently.
Dr. Sahariah has recently started a charitable organization (North East Care Foundation) along with Free Medical Clinic and dispensary in a newly constructed building at Pachim Baragaon, Guwahati mostly for the people from the weaker section of the society in that area. Medical Consultation and common drugs are supplied free to the patients.
Dr. Sahariah has also donated Rs.1,00,000/- (Rupees One Lac) to the CM Relief Fund of Assam for the benefit of Flood Victims. He is also the Chief Adviser. All Assam Kidney Transplant Forum.
- Chief Transplant Surgeon & Urologist
- He has passed Higher Secondary Examination in 1962 in 2nd Division Mangaldai, Assam. Secured highest mark in Biology in the state of Assam.
- Joined in medical college in the year 1962 and passed final MBBS examination in December 1967. Stood fourth in order of merit in the University (Gauhati University).
- One and half year as House Surgeon in General Surgery in General medicine at Safdarjung Hospital, New Delhi (January 1969 to June 1970).
- Joined as Resident in General Surgery at the Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh in the year 1970 and passed M.S. (Master of Surgery) degree with Bronze medal.
- He worked as senior resident in General Surgery from July, 1973 to September 1976 in P.G. Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh.
- He worked as Pool officer under C.S & I.R. Government of India from November 1976 to August 1978, in the Department of Renal Transplantation, P.G.I.M & R, Chandigarh.
- He worked as Lecture in Surgery (Renal Transplantation section) at the P.G.I.M & R, Chandigarh from August 1978 to May 1981).
- He also worked as Reader and Renal Transplant Surgeon at the Organ Transplantation Centre, Institute of Genetics, Hyderabad from 1981 to 1985 under Osmania University, Hyderabad, A.P.
ACHIEVEMENTS & EXPERIENCE IN THE FIELD OF ORGAN TRANSPLANTATION:
- Received training in the field of Organ Transplantation at the Post Graduate Medical Institute, Chandigarh and was involved in the programme since its inception in the year 1973. Has performed or assisted in performing more than 100 Kidney Transplant operations at the said institute.
- Performed about 5000 surgeries for vascular access for haemodialysis which includes arteriovenous shunts, arteriovenous fistula, implantation of vascular grafts and placements of peritoneal catheter for continuous ambulatory peritoneal dialysis for patients with kidney failure.
- Has performed or assisted in performing eight Cadaver Kidney Transplant operations during his stay at the P.G.I. Chandigarh.
- Have so far performed more than 3000 Kidney Transplant operations at various centres in the country, this includes more than 1300 operations performed at Mahavir Hospital & Research Centre, Hyderabad, which is a charitable organization.
- Has performed nearly 100 cadaver kidney transplantation (kidneys removed from brain dead donors) at Hyderabad which is one of largest series by a single surgeon in the country.
- Has performed enblock Renal Transplantation from a 18 month old cadaver donor considered to be the youngenst cadaver donor in the country.
- Has successful transplanted two kidneys from a 78 year old cadaver donor considered to be the eldest cadaver donor the country.
- Initiated Renal Transplant Programme at the following hospitals in the City of Hyderabad and Secunderabad.
- Mahavir Hospital, Hyderabad
- Apollo Hospital, Hyderabad
- CDR Hospital, Hyderabad
- Medwin Hospital, Hyderabad
- Nizam’s Institute of Medical Science, Hyderabad
- Sathya Kidney Centre, Hyderabad
- Pramila Kidney Centre, Hyderabad
- Hyderabad Nursing Home, Hyderabad
- Global Institute of Organ Transplantation, Hyderabad
- Krishna Institute of Medical Sciences, Hyderabad
- Primary skin grafting after low anal fistulectomies V. K. Mittal, S. Sahariah and S.K.Khanna. Bull. P.I.G. 8:130, 1974.
- Zinc study in diabetic and hypogonad patients. A. B. Spears, B. M. Kauffman, S. Sahariah & H.S.Sachdeva. Proc. 5th Asiatic & Oceana Cong. Endo. Vol. II. P 187, 1974.
- Zinc and Copper studies in selected patients. A.B.Spears, Mattock, B.M.Kauffman, S. Sahariah, J. D. Wig. Bull. P.G.I. 8:21, 1974.
- Acute Intestinal Obstruction due to gram seed. S. Sahariah, S. K. Mitra & I.C.Pathak. Ind. J.Paed. 42:29, 1975.
- Intraterial chemotherapy in malignant tumours of the liver. V. K. Mittal, S. Sahariah, S.K.Khanna & K.Singh. Ind. J.Cancer 12:2, 1975.
- Supraclavicular approach for upper dorsal sympathectomy. S. K. Khanna, S. Sahariah, V.K.Mittal. Vascular surgery 9:151, 1975.
- Congetial polycystalic disease involving multiple organs. V. K. Mittal, S. Sahariah, S. K. Khanna & A. K. Banerjee. Quart. J.Surg. Sc. 11:214, 1975.
- Bilateral primary malignant tumor of testes. S. Sahariah, N. M. Gupta, B.N. Datta. Ind.J.Cancer. 13:81,1976.
- Fatal respiratory obstruction due to round worm. V.K.Mittal, R.S.Dhaliwal, R.V.S.Yadav & S. Sahariah. Med. J.Aust. 2:210, 1976.
- Obstructed paraduodenal hernia in adults. S. Sahariah, V. K. Mittal, S. P. Kaushik & S. K. Khanna. J.Ind. Med. Ass. 66:184, 1976.
- Bilateral transfemoral approach for saddle embulous of aorta. S. K. Khanna, S. Sahariah & R. N. Kataria. Quart. J.Surg. Sc. 12:21, 1976.
- Mesenteric tumour with features of pheochromocytoma. S. Sahariah, V. K. Mittal, S.K.Nawaz & S. K. Khanna and AK Banerjee. Ind. J.Cancer 13:88, 1976.
- Angiosarooma of the male breast. R.V.S.Yadav, S. Sahariah, V.K.Mittal, A.K.Banerjee. Ind. Surg. 61:463, 1973.
- Serum Zinc as index of zinc status. A.B.Spears, B.M.Kauffman, M.D.Mattock, S. Sahariah & H.S.Sachdeva. Lancet. II : 526, 1976
- Malignant Leydis all tumour of testis. AK Malik, K.Raghu, S. Sahariah, B.N.Dutta. Bull P.G.I. 18:21, 1984.
- 15. High speed pneumatic drill biopsy in palpable lesions of breast. S. Sahariah, S. P. Kaushik, B.N.Datta, H.S.Sachdeva. Ind. J. Cancer 13:306, 1976.
- Stercoraceous perforation of the colon. S. Sahariah & N.M.Gupta. Am. Surg. 43:175, 1977.
- Surgery in peripheral arterial embolism. S.K.Khanna & S. Sahariah. Ind. J. Surg. 39:166, 1977.
- Renal preservation in experimental animals. Phase I study of renal ischemia in rats. S. Sahariah, M.P.Arora & R.V.S.Yadav. Bull P.G.I. 11:42, 1977.
- PneSumatosis cystoides intestinalis. S. Sahariah & N.M.Gupta. Quart. J. Surg. Sc.13:40, 1977.
- Multicystic intrabdominal lymphangioma. V.K.Mittal, S. Sahariah, M.T.Rao, S.K.Khanna & A.K.Banerjee. Quart. J.Surg. Sc. 13:28,1977
- Renal Preservation : Editorial K.S.Chugh & S. Sahariah. J.Ass. Phy. Ind. Sept., 1977. Vol. 25 P. 657-659.
- Management of perineal wound following abdominoperineal resection. V.K.Mittal, S. Sahariah, S.K.Khanna, R.V.S.Yadav. Am. J. Proct. 28:65, 1977.
- Corelation between peripheral venous pressure and phelobography in post thrombotic limgs. B.K.Verma, S. Sahariah, V.K.Mittal, J.S.Sodhi & S.K.Khanna. Ind. J.Surg. 39:649, 1977.
- Arteriovenous shunts and fistulas in th management of patients with renal failure. S. Sahariah & R.V.S.Yadav. Ind. J.Surg. 41:146, 1979.
- Renal Transplantation at Chandigarh. R.V.S.Yadav, S. Sahariah, K.S.Chugh, H.Singh & B.K.Aikat. Proc. Of the ASI 36th Annual conference.
- Mycetoma of the lower extermity. S. Sahariah, A.K.Sharma, V.K.Mittal, R.V.S.Yadav. J.Postgrad, Med.24:113, 1978.
- Transplantation of pancreas in diabetic rats. R.V.S.Yadav, T.S.Mahant & S. Sahariah. Bull. P.G.I. 12:20, 1978.
- Effect of a single dose of radioactive iodine (I 131) on thyroid function of locally bred rats. S. Sahariah. Bull. P.G.I 12:78, 1978.
- Primary malignant lymphome of deodenum, a case report. S. Sahariah, R.K.Seth & R.V.S.Yadav. Quart. J.Surg. Sc. 14:281, 1978.
- Occular complications amongst renal transplant patients. K.S.Chugh, R.V.S.Yadav, P.C.Singhal, S. Sahariah & I.V.S.Nath. J.A.P.I. 1979.
- Hydatid liver and obstructive Jaundice. S.Sahariah, V.K.Mittal & R.V.S.Yadav, Am. J.Proct. & Gastroentrology 31:12-19, 1980.
- Angiogarphic assessment of renal transplant dysfunctions. S.Suri, S. Sahariah, N.Mallik, S.M.Desai, R.V.S.Yadav & K.S.Chugh. Ind. J.Surg. 44:33, 1982.
- Transplantation of pancreas in diabetic mice. R.V.S.Yadav & S. Sahariah. Ind. J.Surg. 44:63, 1982.
- Post transplant Urinoma. S. Sahariah, I.V.S.Nath, K.S.Chugh & R.V.S.Yadav. Ind. J.Surg. 44:68, 1982.
- Renal allograft fracture. S. Sahariah, I.V.S.Nath, K.S.Chugh & R.V.S. Yadav. Ind. J. Surg. 44:72, 1982.
- Transplantation of autologus pancreatic tissue in pancreatectomised dogs. R.V.S.Yadav, J.Joseph & S. Sahariah. Ind. J.Surg. 43:677, 1981.
- Reversal of Leucopenia without precipitating rejection in renal transplant recepients with G.M.C.S.F. Dr.G.Narayana, Dr. Ratanjha, Dr.S. Sahariah, Dr. Ram Bhoopal & Dr. Jaleel. J. of Neph. 8:276, 1995.
- A critical study on histocompatibility testing by serology, MLR, Genotyping in Renal Transplantation – A single centre experience. Dr. Lakshmi Kiran A., Dr.S. Sahariah, Dr. KJR Murthy. Nephron 2000, 84(1); 79-80.
- Relevance of histocompatibility testing in Renal Transplantation – A prospective study. Dr. Lakshmi Kiran, V.Vijayalaxmi, Dr.S. Sahariah, Reddy PP, Nagalakshmi.Y, Dr. KJR Murthy. Indian Journal of Nephrology. 1999; 9(3); 74-79.
- Spousal renal transplantation. Dr. Lakshmi Kiran, Dr.S. Sahariah. Indian Journal of Nephrology. 1999; 9(2); PP. 53.
- Donor status and graft survival in renal transplantation. Dr. Lakshmi Kiran, V.Vijayalaxmi, Dr.S. Sahariah, PP. Reddy, Dr.KJR Murthy. Current Science. 1999.
- Histocompatibility testing by serology, cellular and genotyping in renal transplantation. Dr. Lakshmi Kiran, Vijayalaxmi, Dr.S. Sahariah, Dr.KJR Murthy. The immunologist. 1998. Supplement 1.PP.214.
- The influence of Pre-transplant Blood Transfusion on Renal Graft Survival. Dr.Lakshmi Kiran, V.Vijayalaxmi, PP Reddy, Dr.S. Sahariah, Dr.KJR Murthy. Indian Journal of Nephrology, 1998, Vol 8. No. 1 PP 7-11.
- Cross Matching consideration for Renal Transplantation. Dr.Lakshmi Kiran, V.Vijayalaxmi, Dr.S. Sahariah, Dr.KJR Murthy. Jour Asso. Phys. India (1996), 44, 521-524.
- He secured highest aggregate marks in Biology in the state of Assam in Higher Secondary Examination (1961).
- Stood fourth in order of merit in the final M.B.B.S. examination conducted by Guwahati University in 1967.
- He secured bronze medal in the M.S. (Surgery) examination at the Postgraduate Medical Institute, Chandigarh in 1975.
- Awarded membership of the National Academy of Medical Sciences, New Delhi in 1979.
- Awarded Fellowship of the International College of Surgeons in the field of Surgery and Organ transplant in recognition of services in the field of organ transplantation.
- Awarded fellowship of the American College of Surgeons which is considered as one of the most reputed surgical society in the world (1983).
- Selected to head the first Organ Transplant Centre in the Country under Osmania University, Hyderabad in 1981.
- Has the distinction of performing the First successful Kidney Transplantation operation in the state of Andhra Pradesh in 1981.
- Has the distinction of performing the First Cadaver Donor Renal Transplant (Organs removed from dead person) in the State of Andhra Pradesh and has subsequently performed 100 more cadaver transplants.
- Has performed the first laparoscopic donor nephrectomy in the country in the year 1998.
- Has the distinction of performing the first Renal Transplantation in the country in a Rural based Medical College Hospital (Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College, Wardha) in the year 2000.
- Assisted in Organising the First All India Renal Transplant Sports meet at Chandigarh in 1981
- Published more than 40 papers in various national and international journals of repute (Annexure-I).
- Appointed Hony. Secretary of the A.P. Kidney Foundation which was formed in 1985.
- Life member of the Indian Society of Nephrology.
- Life member of Association of Surgeons of India.
- Life Associate member of Urological Society of India.
- Life member of Asian Society of Transplantation.
- Life member of Indian Society of Organ Transplantation.
- Life member of Transplant Society of India.
- Life member of Indian Medical Association.
- Organizing Secretary, VII Annual Conference of the Indian Society of Organ Transplantation, Hyderabad, India (November 11th and 12 th, 1994).
- Council member - Asian Society of Transplantation 1991-1993.
- Organizing Chairman, 6th All India Transplant Games at Hyderabad, November, 1999.
- Founder Chairman, Hyderabad Transplant Forum, a scientific forum for transplantologist.
- Life member of MARCH (Medically Aware and Responsible Citizen of Hyderabad) dealing mostly with medico-social aspect of Healthcare.
- Advisor to the Central India Kidney Foundation, an organisation for creating awareness about kidney disease and Cadaver Organ donation with head quarters at Nagpur.
- Has been appointed as Hony. Professor Emeritus. Renal Transplant/Urology at Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College, Wardha in the year 2000 for services to the Institute.
- Appointed as Hony. Consultant, Transplant Surgeon, M.S.Ramaiah Medical College, Bangalore (1987).
- Promoter and Consultant Transplant Urologist, International Hospital, Guwahati, Assam.
- Selected as member of the International Transplant Society in 2002 (Fourth person from the country to be selected for this membership).
- Vice-President, Annual Conference of Indian Society of Organ Transplantation, August, 2003 at Hyderabad.
- Adviser, Sunvalley Diabetic and Research Centre, Guwahati a fully dedicated primary diabetic care centre in Assam started in July, 2003.
- Technical Director, Sandor Proteomics Ltd, a multinational Proteomics Service Facility Centre with headquarters in USA.
- Founder President, ‘LOOITPORIA’, The Hyderabad Assam Association, an Organisation started in Hyderabad in 2002 with the purpose of having cultural exchange between Assam & Andhra Pradesh and also helping and guiding patients/students etc., from Assam and other North Eastern states who wants to come to Hyderabad for medical treatment, study or employment.
- Vice-President, Indian society of Organ Transplantation (1995 – 97)
- President, Indian Society of Organ Transplantation (2006 – 2008)
- Invited as a International Observer at Massussetus General Hospital, Boston, USA in May 2009.
- Oration: Dr. R V S Yadav Memorial Oration – 2008, Ludhiana.
- Awardee Dr. Brahmaiah Sastry Memorial Oration and gold medal – 2010, Visakhapatnam.
INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ATTENDED
Has attended about 20 International conferences in places like Singapore, Taipei, Bangkok, karach, Dubai, Mauritius, Japan, Greece, USA, Turkey, Philippines, Pattaiah, Rome etc and presented paper related to Organ Transplantation.
Invited to chair a session in the conference of the Transplantation Society (TTS) in August, 2008 at Sydney, Australia.
RESEARCH WORK IN THE FIELD OF ORGAN TRANSPLANTATION:
Underwent training in Experimental Transplantation and Transplantation Immunology at ToKai University school of medicine, Japan.
Research Projects for Postgraduate Thesis:
Role of high speed pneumatic drill biopsy in palpable lesions of breast.
Effect of single dose of Radioactive Iodine on the thyroid function of locally bred rats.
Has done extensive work in the field of Pancreatic transplantation for diabetes in experimental animals.
Developed the techniques of islet and segmental pancreatic transplantation and published several papers.
PAPER PRESENTATION INTERNATIONAL
- Dr. A. Lakshmi Kiran, Dr. S. Sahariah, V. Vijayalaxmi, P.P.Reddy, Dr. KJR Murthy. The influences of crossmatches in the renal graft outcome. Annual Scientific Meeting of ASEATTA meet held at ARCBS-NSW Blood Bank, Sydney, Australia (1997).
- Dr. A. Lakshmi Kiran, Dr. S. Sahariah, V. Vijayalaxmi, P.P.Reddy, Dr. KJR Murthy. Renal Transplantation from related donors & Living unrelated donors. Annual Scientific Meeting of ASEATTA meet held at ARCBS-NSW Blood Bank, Sydney, Australia. (1997).
- Dr. A. Lakshmi Kiran, Dr. S. Sahariah, V. Vijayalaxmi, P.P.Reddy, Dr. KJR Murthy. Correlation of histocompatibility testing by MLR and Serology in renal transplantation. Annual Scientific Meeting of ASEATTA meet held at ARCBS-NSW Blood Bank, Sydney, Australia. (1997).
- Dr .A. Lakshmi Kiran, Dr. S. Sahariah, V.Vijayalaxmi, P.P.Reddy, Dr. KJR Murthy. A study on histocompatibility testing by serology, MLR Genotyping in renal transplantation. Annual Scientific Meeting of ASEATTA meet heldin AIIMS, New Delhi. (1998).
- Dr.A.Lakshmi Kiran, Dr.S.Sahariah, V.Vijayalaxmi, P.P.Reddy, Dr. KJR Murthy. Histocompatibility testing by serology, cellular and genotyping in renal transplantation. Annual International Congress on Immunology held at Pragati Maidan, New Delhi. (1998).
- Dr. A. Lakshmi Kiran, Dr. S. Sahariah, V. Vijayalaxmi, Dr. KJR Murthy. Cross Matching consideration in renal transplantation. VII Annual Conference of Indian Society of Organ Transplantation, held at Hyderabad. (1994).
- Dr .A. Lakshmi Kiran, Dr. S. Sahariah, V. Vijayalaxmi, KS. Ratnakar, Dr. KJR Murthy. The effect of Pretransplant blood transfusions in renal graft survival. Annual conference of Indian Immunology Society held at JNU, New Delhi. (1995).
- Dr. A. Lakshmi Kiran, Dr. S. Sahariah, V.Vijayalaxmi, Dr. KJR Murthy. Influence of allogeneic cells in immune modulation of renal graft. IX Annual Conference of Indian Society of Organ Transplantation, Madras. (1997).
- Dr. A. Lakshmi Kiran, Dr. S. Sahariah, V.Vijayalaxmi, P.P.Reddy, Dr. KJR Murthy. Non specific multiple transfusions in the immunological risk assessment in renal transplantation. Annual conference of EMSI, Mar 18-20, held at Mysore. (1998).
- Dr. A. Lakshmi Kiran, Dr. S. Sahariah, V.Vijayalaxmi, P.P.Reddy, Dr. KJR Murthy. Clinical and genetic epidemiology in end stage renal disease. DAE Symposium held at Madras. Mar 23-26, (1998).