Senior Consultant Hepatobiliary Pancreas & Liver Transplant Surgeon (Laparoscopic & Robotic Surgery)
|9:00am - 04:00pm||9:00am - 04:00pm||9:00am - 04:00pm||9:00am - 04:00pm||9:00am - 04:00pm||9:00am - 04:00pm||Not Available|
- NIZAMS – 6 years (2005), DNB (Surgical Gastroenterology).
- Fellowship in HPB & liver transplant from CLBS New Delhi.
- Diploma NET (Neuroendocrine cancer, Sweden) 2014.
- After completion of fellowship joined the Asian Institute of Gastroenterology as a Consultant Surgical Gastroenterology and Liver Transplant and started a new transplant program.
- 20 years of experience in the field of surgical gastroenterology and liver transplant. Being trained in India and working with almost all best centers in the country (GB Pant Hospital, New Delhi, SGPGI Lucknow, Nizams Institute Hyderabad, and Asian Institute of Gastroenterology). He understands Indian disease and patients better and delivers treatment tailor-made for the Indian scenarios (think global & act local).
Area of interest:
- Pancreatic, biliary, and liver surgery (open as well as laparoscopic and Robotic).
- Whipple's more than 250, Management of severe acute pancreatitis with percutaneous treatment, laparoscopic treatment, and /or open treatment more than 75.
- Laparoscopic CBD exploration and choledochal cyst excision.
- Hepatectomy (right, left, central, and segmentectomies) more than 500.
- The first person to perform laparoscopic right hepatectomy in central India.
- Expert in treating Hilar Cholangio Carcinomas particularly type III & IV.
- Liver transplants more than 600 with more than 300 living donor liver transplants
Publication – 3 indexed and non-indexed journals:
Evaluation of Kayser–Fleischer ring in Wilson disease by anterior segment optical coherence tomography
Indian Journal of Ophthalmology, 2017
Novel mutations of ATP7B gene in Wilson's disease patients of South Indian cohort
Meta Gene, 2017
Emergency Liver Transplant in Patient with Child-Pugh Class C Cirrhosis and Strangulated Umbilical Hernia
Experimental and Clinical Transplantation, 2012
Gastrointestinal Surgery Series: Pancreas and Hepatobiliary Surgery, 2018
- Central pancreatectomy @ Converge 2014, Hyderabad.
- Safe donor hepatectomy @ Dubai Gastro Surg 2015.
- Gastric mucormycosis @ Dubai Gastro Surg 2015.
- Liver Transplant @ CME Organised by Criticon, Solapur 2016.
- Talk on “venous outflow issues” @ IHPBA mid-term @Hyderabad2018
- Talk on “Liver Surgery” @ IASG mid-term @Hyderabad 2018
- Talk on “Liver Resection” @ Onco update @Hyderabad 2019
- IMA Aurangabad 2013-Life after liver transplant.
- IMA Nizambad 2015
a. Liver resections & liver transplant
b. Step-up approach in acute pancreatitis
c. Laparoscopic HPB surgery
Many papers in various national and international conferences.