M.D,FCCP, FACP (USA), AB(Int. Medicine, Pulmonary & Critical Care Medicine)
Additional Director, KIMS Heart & Lung Transplant Institute
Chief, Transplant Pulmonology
Regd No: TSMC/FMR/12183
Ph: +91 9445060066
- Diplomate of American Board of Internal Medicine, Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine
- Graduated from Armed Forces Medical College, Pune 1993.
- Residency in Internal Medicine and Fellowship in Pulmonary Medicine from Albert Einstein College of Medicine, New York, USA.
- Fellowship in Critical Care medicine from Wayne State University, Detroit, Michigan, USA.
- Further training in Interventional Pulmonology at Lahey Clinic, Massachusetts, USA and in Lung Transplantation at Barnes Jewish Medical Center, St Louis, Missouri, USA.
- Seven years of full time consultative practice experience in USA in the field of Pulmonolgy, Critical Care and Sleep Medicine.
- Current Position:Additional Director, KIMS Heart & Lung Transplant Institute
- Chief, Transplant Pulmonology, Krishna Institute of Medical Sciences, Minister Road, Secunderabad, Telangana, India ( from June 2020)
- Formerly H.O.D, Pulmonary/Critical Care & Senior Transplant Pulmonologist
Institute of Pulmonary, Critical Care Medicine & Lung Transplantation At Gleneagles Global Health city, Chennai (from 2009 till May 2020)
- Actively involved in the first lung transplant done in India in 2011
- Experience of more than 150lung transplantations since 2011
- Elected Fellow of American College of Physicians, American College of Chest Physicians and is a member of American Society of Critical Care medicine and American association of Bronchology.
- Executive Committee Member of Indian Society of Heart and Lung Transplantation
- Member of Indian Chest Society, Chest Council of India, Indian Society of Critical Care Medicine
Has published several research papers in reputed international journals in the field of Pulmonlogy Medicine and Lung Transplantation
- First Series of Combined Heart & Lung Transplantation from India
April 2020, The Journal of Heart and Lung Transplantation39(4):S387
- AIRWAY COMPLICATIONS POST LUNG TRANSPLANTATION: LARGEST SINGLE CENTER INDIAN EXPERIENCE
June 2020, CHEST 157(6):A450
- Tailored Immunosuppression Using CYP3A5 Metaboliser Status in Heart and Lung Transplant Cases - An Indian Study
April 2020, The Journal of Heart and Lung Transplantation39(4):S504
- Pulmonary alveolar microlithiasis: A rare disease treated with lung transplantation, first case from India
November 2019, Lung India 36(6):546
- Correlation of Tacrolimus Levels and Metabolizer Status Based on CYP3A5 Polymorphism in Indian Lung Transplant Recipients
April 2019, The Journal of Heart and Lung Transplantation38(4):S410
- A real life experience on the efficacy and safety of mycophenolatemofetil in connective tissue disorder associated interstitial lung disease – a retrospective study
June 2018, Annals of the Rheumatic Diseases 77(Suppl 2):1533-1533
- Establishing a Lung Transplant Program in a Resource Constrained Setting
April 2018, The Journal of Heart and Lung Transplantation37(4):S255
- Complications and management of attempted suicide by intrapleural injection of prallethrin
March 2016, Indian Journal of Critical Care Medicine20(3):182
- Single lung transplantation in India: an initial experience
September 2013, The Indian journal of chest diseases & allied sciences 55(2):101-3
- Endobronchial cryptococcosis: A rare cause of lung collapse
January 2010, Journal of Bronchology and Interventional Pulmonology 17(1):76-9