Children tend to eat anything and everything and they rarely realize that it may cause disturbances in the body leading to gastritis or even other problem opines the paediatric gastroenterologist in Hyderabad from KIMS Hospitals. A dietician would recommend a healthy diet for your child with a combination of loads of fibre, fluids and exercise.
High Fibre Foods :
KIMS Hospitals' Child gastroenterology centres in Hyderabad suggest including high fibre food in every meal as it is very good for you and your child’s health. Kids and adults must get 14 gms of fibre for every 1000calories as per the nutrition experts. Foods that have rich fibre content and that would appeal the little ones are-
- Beans of all kinds such as kidney, pinto and black beans are rich in fibre. Every serving will give your child 16gmsof fibre.
- Muesli is also rich in fibre content. It’s a high fibre cereal.
- Apples and pear are a rich source of fibre
- Sandwiches made from whole grain bread wrap or a whole grain English muffin
- Baked potatoes with toppings to make them interesting like adding on some shredded cheese, sprouts, sour cream and some chopped green onions is a savouring dish for the kids.
- Berries are a good source of fibre. Include raspberries and strawberries in your child’s diet.
- Yogurt is good for your gut for the healthy bacteria it contains. Hence include them as well in your child’s food.
There are also certain foods that need to be avoided to promote their health. They may lead to constipation.
Rice cereal for babies
- Refined foods that have sugar, white rice and white breads
- Cheese, dairy products as they may irritate the bowel
- Foods rich in iron content may cause trouble in children but since that is also essential; you can provide them in the iron-rich- lean-meats and dark green vegetables
Good Amount of Fluids:
You have given your child a lot of fibre and if you don’t include fluids in his regular routine he is sure to get constipated say the paediatric gastroenterology specialist from KIMS Hospitals. Kids who live in warm climate and who are involved in outdoor activities sweat a lot and thereby they lose all the little fluids they had. Fluids essentially should include plenty of plain water, milk and fruit juices without sugar and not any power beverages, sports drinks.
Plenty of exercise with good amounts of water is good for your childs hearts and lungs. Let them play and sweat it out. It’s good for your immune system as well. Loads of water will keep your child hydrated even when he is exercising or playing.
Kids when they are playing they try to avoid going to the bathroom. This will lead to constipation and aggravate bowel problems. The kids when they have had a painful experience tend to avoid visiting the washroom and this will put too much pressure on the bowel when it can no more be avoided. Hence talk to your kids about the issue or consult a Child gastroenterologist at KIMS Hospitals in Hyderabad.
Why KIMS Hospitals?
KIMS Hospitals' is one of the best paediatric gastroenterology hospitals in Hyderabad for they know and have had years of experience in understanding in issues and concerns related to their health and nutrition.