Sr. Consultant, Surgical Gastroenterology, Laparoscopic & Hepato-Pancreaticobiliary Surgery
|10:00am - 05:30pm||10:00am - 05:30pm||10:00am - 05:30pm||10:00am - 05:30pm||10:00am - 05:30pm||10:00am - 05:30pm||Not Available|
Dr. G. Parthasarathy is a senior consultant in the department of surgical gastroenterology and minimal access surgery at the renowned KIMS Hospitals, Secunderabad. He has an illustrious academic and professional record spanning two decades. He completed his undergraduate and postgraduate medical training from JIPMER. He spent three years as a faculty of surgery, training postgraduates. He later went on to earn his super specialty degree in surgical gastroenterology from the prestigious SGPGIMS, Lucknow. After this, he trained in advanced hepatobiliary surgery and liver transplantation from CLBS, New Delhi. To further hone his skills he went as an international visiting fellow to Asan medical center, Seoul, S.Korea.He was awarded the Fellowship by the Indian Association of gastroendoscopic surgeons (FIAGES) in 2016.
Dr. Parthasarathy specializes in minimally invasive treatment for many complex gastrointestinal disorders. He has performed more than 2000 laparoscopic procedures for various gastrointestinal disorders including bariatric and metabolic surgery. He has a special interest in managing complex hepatobiliary problems and cancers of the gastrointestinal tract. He also has a vast experience in treating common anorectal problems like fistula in ano and hemorrhoids. Keeping up with the recent advances in technology, he has introduced the use of LASERS in the treatment of many anorectal problems. Dr. Parthasarathy along with his team of doctors ensures a comprehensive approach to gastrointestinal problems and passionately strives to deliver high-quality care to all his patients.
Dr. Parthasarathy also has a keen interest in research and teaching. He has published research papers in various journals and has also authored chapters in medical textbooks.
- Was awarded the ‘Rising Star Award’ in the field of gastroenterology in AP and Telangana by Times group for 2019-20
- Was awarded the BEST PAPER AWARD for the paper titled “Diagnostic role of serum Pepsinogen I and II levels in various upper alimentary disorders” in the XV National Conference of the Indian Association of Surgical Gastroenterology (IASG), Chandigarh, Sept. 2005.
- Was awarded the second prize in the BEST POSTER category in the XVI National Conference of the Indian Association of Surgical Gastroenterology (IASG), Lucknow, Oct 2006, for the poster titled: “Sternocleidomastoid Myocutaneous inlay flap in the treatment of corrosive pharyngoesophageal strictures”
- Was awarded the TRAVEL BURSARY for attending the XXII National Conference of the Indian Association of Surgical Gastroenterology (IASG), at Bengaluru, India
Publications (Year wise):
- Gastric fluid level after an overnight fast: Test to diagnose gastric outlet obstruction in corrosive esophageal stricture. Indian J Gastroenterol. 2006 Sep-Oct; 25(5):269-70 Ananthakrishnan N, Parthasarathy G, Kate V.
- Serum pepsinogen I and II levels in various gastric disorders with special reference to their use as a screening test for carcinoma stomach. Trop Gastroenterol. 2007 Oct-Dec; 28(4):166-70. Parthasarathy G, Maroju NK, Kate V, Ananthakrishnan N, Sridhar MG.
- Use of spiral CT to demonstrate esophageal lumen in corrosive strictures. Indian J Gastroenterol. 2007 Mar-Apr; 26(2):101 Ananthakrishnan N, Parthasarathy G, Kate V.
- Sternocleidomastoid muscle myocutaneous flap for corrosive pharyngoesophageal strictures. World J Surg. 2007 Aug;31(8):1592-6. Ananthakrishnan N, Parthasarathy G, Maroju NK, Kate V.
- Assessment of vagotomy status with postprandial urinary alkaline tide. Longkumer T, Parthasarathy G, Kate V, Ananthakrishnan N, Koner BC. Trop Gastroenterol. 2009 Apr-Jun;30(2): 91-4.
- Comparison of in-hospital morbidity in patients undergoing herniorrhaphy vs. hernioplasty for inguinal hernia. Biomedicine 2009; 29(2)159-61.G. Indu, G. Parthasarathy, Vikram Kate
- Primary Leiomyosarcoma of the Breast: A Case Report and Review of Literature. Indian Journal of Surgery, 2010 Jul;72(suppl 1) Sandhya B, Parthasarathy G, Vivek Babu, Vikram Kate, R Krishnan, N Ananthakrishnan.
- Chronic Corrosive Injuries of the Stomach—A Single Unit Experience of 109 Patients Over Thirty Years.
- Therapeutic options for the management of pharyngoesophageal strictures. J gastrointest Surg. 2011 Apr;15(4):566-75 Ananthakrishnan N, Kate V, Parthasarathy G.
- Gangliocytic paraganglioma -case report. Basic and Applied Pathology 2011;4:25–29 Vij M,Verma R,Parthasarathy G,Saxena R,Pandey R.
- Acute corrosive injuries of the stomach:a single unit experience of thirty years. ISRN Gastroenterol. 2011 Ananthakrishnan N, Parthasarathy G, Kate V
- Small rectal carcinoids: not always benign. J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2012 Dec; 27(12) Singh RK, Parthasarathy G, A rare case of primary leiomyosarcoma of the inferior vena cava with an intra- and extravascular component.Indian journal of vascular and endovascular surgery.2019;6:315-Devender Singh, G Partha Sarathy, Sudheer Moodadla
- Infected Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm with Severe Sepsis: Successful Outcome.Indian J Vascular and endovsc surg.2017;4:121-3.Devender Singh, Partha Sarathy, Vamshi Krishna, Sharwari Amte
Chapters in Books:
- Mid-colon oesophagocoloplasty for corrosive oesophageal stricture. G.I Surgery Annual, Vol 12, 2005 Supplement, Ananthakrishnan N, Parthasarathy G, Kate V.
- Diagnosis of early gastric carcinoma. In Roshan lal gupta –Recent advances in Surgery 2010 . Parthasarathy G, Ananthakrishnan N, Kate V.
- Approach to dysphagia. In Sanjiv Haribhakti - Surgical Gastroenterology 2013,ed 2. Parthasarathy G, Rajneesh K Singh