Consultant Surgical Gastroenterologist & Laparoscopic Surgeon
|10:00am - 04:00pm||10:00am - 04:00pm||10:00am - 04:00pm||10:00am - 04:00pm||10:00am - 04:00pm||10:00am - 04:00pm||Not Available|
I am working as a Consultant Surgeon with special interest in Colorectal Surgery, Complex Hernia Surgery and Laparoscopic Surgery. I am able to provide tertiary care for patients with GI diseases and also advanced laparoscopic procedures. I am part of the liver transplant team and head the cadaver retrieval procedures.
- Consultant Surgical Gastroenterologist & Laparoscopic Surgeon, Krishna Institute of Medical Sciences Hyderabad, India
- MBBS- Guntur Medical College Guntur (A.P)- April 1989
- MS (Surgery)- Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research. Chandigarh- December 1992
- FRCS-The Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland, Dublin- June 1994
- FRCS- The Royal College of Surgeons of England (ad eundem)- Dec 2010
- Gold medal in Anatomy- Guntur Medical College- 1983-84
- Gold medal in Pathology- Guntur Medical College- 1984-85
- Gold medal in Orthopaedics- Guntur Medical College- 1987-88
- Certificate of merit-Medicine- Guntur Medical College- 1987-88
- Locum Consultant Surgeon- Royal Lancaster Infirmary Lancaster, Lancs
- Associate Specialist in General Surgery- Royal Lancaster Infirmary Lancaster, Lancs
- Specialist Registrar General Surgery- Blackpool Victoria Hospital Blackpool, Lancs
- Specialist Registrar General Surgery- Royal Lancaster Infirmary Lancaster, Lancs
- Specialist Registrar General Surgery- Furness General Hospital Barrow-in-Furness, Cumbria
- Mallipudi BVP, Chawdhery MZ and Jeffery PJ - "Primary malignant fibrous histiocytoma of spleen - a case report", published in the European Journal of Surgical Oncology - October 98.
- Sandeep Dabade, S Surapaneni and Mallipudi BVP - “Scarless Cholecystectomy – Point of technique” – submitted to Indian Journal of Surgery – November 12
LECTURES and PRESENTATIONS:
- Since coming to India, I have participated actively in the CME programmes organised at the district centres by the Indian Medical Association. I also lectured at the Association of Surgeons meeting in Hyderabad.
- Attended annual meeting of the Association of Surgeons of India in Bhubaneswar, India – December 2007, and presented a video of laparoscopic cholecystectomy in a patient with portal cavernoma.
- Attended annual conference of Indian Association of Surgical Oncology and British Association of Surgical Oncology in Hyderabad, India – September 2008, and presented “Laparoscopic Splenectomy in haematological disorders”.
- Given an invited lecture on Robotic Surgery – an overview at the International Medical Sciences Academy annual conference in Hyderabad, India November 2011.
COURSES and MEETINGS :
- Attended annual meeting of the Association of Surgeons in Cardiff - May 2000, Birmingham - April 2001, Dublin - May 2002, Manchester - May 2003, Glasgow - April 2005 and Liverpool 2010.
- Attended M62 Coloproctology Course in Huddersfield - March 2001.
- Attended the Advanced Laparoscopic Surgery course at Ninewells Hospital, Dundee - June 2003.
- Attended annual meeting of the Association of Surgeons of India in Rajahmundry, India – September 2003, Hyderabad, India – December 2004 Jaipur, India – December 2005 and Bhubaneswar, India - December 2007.
- Attended the 3rd International Laparoscopic workshop at GEM Hospital, Coimbatore, India – November 2003.
- Attended the Association of Minimal Access Surgeons of India Conference in Delhi, India – March 2005.
- Attended Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio, USA - May 2005.
- Member of the Organising Committee of the Association of Minimal Access Surgeons of India Conference in Hyderabad, India – March 2007.
- Attended and given a “how I do it” presentation on Laparoscopic Splenectomy at the combined IASO – BASO annual conference in Hyderabad, India – September 2008.
- I was operating faculty in the live workshop conducted during ASICON 2014 Hyderabad, India – December 2014.
- I am a PG Trainer for the DNB General Surgery students in our hospital. The program commenced in 2006. I am main guide for the thesis work of five PG surgical trainees and co-guide for three. Six thesis have been submitted so far to the National Board and all have been approved.
- I conduct hands on “Basic Surgical Skills” , “Anastomotic” and “Laparoscopic Skills” Workshops for surgical trainees. I have conducted ten such workshops so far, both in our Institute and in other places.
- Indian Medical Association
- Association of Surgeons of India
- Association of Minimal Access Surgeons of India
- Member of court of examiners for intercollegiate MRCS examination (RCS England)
- Member of Association of Colorectal Surgeons of India