HOD & Sr. Consultant Endocrinologist
|10:00am - 04:00pm||10:00am - 04:00pm||10:00am - 04:00pm||10:00am - 04:00pm||10:00am - 04:00pm||10:00am - 04:00pm||Not Available|
- I.C.S.E. – St. Francis, College, Lucknow, U.P., 1982
- I.S.C. - St. Francis, College, Lucknow, U.P., 1984
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (M.B.B.S.) G.S.V.M. Medical College, Kanpur, U.P., 1989
- Doctor of Medicine (M.D.) in Internal Medicine G.S.V.M. Medical College, Kanpur, U.P., 1993
- Doctorate in Medicine (D.M.) in Endocrinology and Metabolism Sanjay Gandhi Institute of medical Sciences Lucknow, U. P., 1999
- 1989-90: Internship, Balrampur Hospital, Lucknow
- 1990-93: Residency, Internal Medicine, GSVM Medical College, Kanpur
- 1996 (July-Dec.): Senior Medical Officer, Medicine, Escorts Hospital & Research Center, Faridabad.
- 1997-1999: Senior Residency, Department of Endocrinology Sanjay Gandhi PGIMS, Lucknow
- 2000 (Feb) – 2004 (March): Assistant Professor, Department of Medicine, Kamineni Institute of Medical Sciences, Narketpalli, Nalgonda Senior Consultant Endocrinologist, Kamineni Hospitals, Hyderabad
- 2004 (March) – 2008 (March): Senior Consultant Endocrinologist Krishna Institute of Medical Sciences (KIMS) Minister Road, Secunderabad 500003
- 2008(March) – 2015(Feb): Senior Consultant Endocrinologist and HOD Department of Endocrinology, Yashoda Hospital, Raj Bhavan Road, Somajiguda, Hyderabad 500082
- 2015(March) – To date: Senior Consultant Endocrinologist and HOD Krishna Institute of Medical Sciences (KIMS) Minister Road, Secunderabad, 500003
Senior Resident, Department of Endocrinology:
- Sanjay Gandhi PGIMS, Lucknow. (3 years: 1997-1999)
Assistant Professor, Department of Medicine:
- Kamineni Institute of Medical Sciences, Narketpalli, Nalgonda (4 years: 2000-2004)
Faculty, DNB Teaching Program:
- Yashoda Hospital, (5years: 2010 – 2015 Feb)
- KIMS Hospital, (2015 March - till date)
Thesis Project Guide for -
- DNB Endocrine Resident (2014 - 2017)
- DNB Endocrine Resident (2015 - 2018)
- DNB Endocrine Resident (2016 - 2019)
- DNB Endocrine Resident (2017 - 2020)
- D - Pharma Students (2015 - 2016)
- D - Pharma Students (2016 - 2017)
Regional Faculty, Public Health Foundation of India
- CCEBDM (Certificate Course in Evidence-Based Diabetes Mellitus) (4years: 2011 till date)
Regional Faculty, ABIDE
- Troglitazone: a new drug for type-2 diabetes mellitus.
- National Medical Journal of India. 1998;11(2):81-2
- Tibolone: an alternative to HRT in postmenopausal osteoporosis
- ISBMR Newsletter, 1998;292):4-5
- Parathyroid Hormone assays. Cape News, 1999;8:1-3
- BMD and fracture risks in adolescents. ISBMR Newsletter, 1998;2(2):11
- The Heart in Diabetes. Endocrine Newsletter, 2001;11(2):11-12
- Effects of short-term testosterone replacement on areal bone mineral density and bone turnover in young hypogonadal males [Prasun Deb, Sushil Kumar Gupta, MM Godbole. Indian J Endocrinol Metab 2012 Nov-Dec;16(6):947-951]
- Swyer syndrome: The gender swayer?, Alex J Med (2016), http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ajme.2016.05.006.
- Prevalence of metabolic syndrome in hypothyroidism: Experience in a tertiary center in South India. CHRISMED J Health Res 2017;4:19-22
- Cardiac Cirrhosis–An Uncommon Manifestation of Common Disease. OGH Reports. 2017;6(1):28-30.
- Management of hyperglycemia in diabetics with cardiovascular disease. J Med SciRes. 2016;4 (4): 196-201. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.17727/JMSR.2016/4-042.
- Vitamin D Deficiency and its association with Thyroid Peroxidase antibodies Positive Hypothyroidism- experience in a tertiary centre in South India. Medical Journal of Dr. D Y Patil University. Accepted, Under publication
- Polyostotic Fibrous Dysplasia associated with hyperparathyroidism. (Presented at the Annual Conference of Endocrine Society of India, 1997)
- Growth retardation in Extra-hepatic Portal Vein Obstruction: a Growth Hormone Insensitivity Syndrome? (Presented at the Asia-Pacific Pediatric Endocrine Society Conference, 1999, at Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia)
- Adrenal Adenomas in a child being treated for Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia. (Presented at the Asia-Pacific Pediatric Endocrine Society Conference, 1999, at Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia)
- Diagnostic dilemma: Boerhaav’s syndrome masquerading as diabetic ketoacidosis (Presented at Novo Nordisk Diabetes Update, 2002, New Delhi)
- Ectopic ACTH Syndrome in a Case of Duodenal Neuro-endocrine Tumour Presenting with Liver Metastasis (Presented at ESICON 2016)
- Diabetic Autonomic Neuropathy and Risk Factors (accepted as thesis for M.D., Medicine)
- Effects of short-term testosterone replacement on bone density in young hypogonadal males
- Growth retardation and IGF-I/IGF-BP3 generation test in extra-hepatic portal vein obstruction
- Metabolic bone diseases: At Sanjay Gandhi PGIMS, we had specialized pediatric and adult bone clinics. I am familiar with handling bone densitometers (we had a Hologic QDR 4500A), as well as laboratory procedures for all bone-turnover parameters. Pediatric rickets, postmenopausal osteoporosis, and osteomalacias were diseases that we encountered most often; polyostotic fibrous dysplasia, osteogenesis imperfecta, paget’s disease, skeletal fluorosis and hyperparathyroidism were other diseases we had in regular follow-up.
- Growth disorders: One of my projects at SGPGIMS involved growth hormone-stimulated IGF-1 generation in short stature children. I am familiar with a stadiometer (we had a Harpenden’s) and in association with our genetics department had a growth clinic. I am familiar with testing, treating and following-up growth-hormone deficient children.
- Diabetes mellitus and its complications: As I am currently working in what is effectively the diabetes capital of the world, I routinely encounter diabetes in all its manifestations. I have set up a diabetes awareness program in our hospital, where various specialists are associated with disseminating information regarding this dreaded disease in the community, which includes free screening camps. In association with the departments of cardiology, ophthalmology, neurology, and nephrology, including renal transplant program, I have been associated with the management of diabetes and all its complications.
- Puberty and its abnormalities: delayed and precocious
- Gonadal/sex hormone related problems: ambiguity, hypogonadism, infertility, hirsutism
- Others: Thyroid disorders Metabolic syndrome, dyslipidemias, obesity.
- Executive Committee Member Hyderabad Society of Endocrinology
- Member, Endocrine Society, USA [US Endo]
- Member, Indian Society for Bone and Mineral Research [ISBMR]
- Member, Indian Society for Pediatric Endocrinology [ISPAE]
- Member, Advisory Board of various Pharmaceutical Companies
- 1990: Medical Council of India (Lucknow) Current Registration Number [AP]: 73137