Consultant Spine Surgeon
MBBS from NTRUHS
M.S in Orthopaedic surgery from NTRUHS
Clinical and Research Fellowship in Spinal Deformity & Spinal tumours from Hamamatsu University school of medicine, Japan
Clinical and Research Fellowship in complex spinal deformity in Centre Hospitalier Universitaire (CHU) de Bordeaux, France
Experience and skills:
Complex spinal deformity correction
Revision spinal surgery
Minimally invasive surgery
Anterior and Oblique lumbar fusions
Awards & Honours:
Won best paper award in complex deformity category in Institute colonne vertebrale spine meet in 2019 entitled - Preoperative Halo Skeletal Traction for Severe Scoliosis.
Won best paper award in Japanese scoliosis meet in 2019 entitled - Differences in the geometrical spinal shape in the sagittal plane according to age and magnitude of pelvic incidence in healthy elderly individuals.
Won best paper award in SOLAS 2019 entitled - A Novel Technique For Reduction Of Spondyloptosis With Minimal Access Surgery (MIS TLIF): Technical Report
Won best poster award in Tosacon 2018 entitled - Anterior debulking of an aggressive osteoblastoma of cervical spine leading to vertebral artery injury- a case report.
IGASS Research Grant: for adult spinal deformity surgical decision-making score.
- Functional and radiological evaluation of surgical management in tibial plateau fractures: a prospective study. Jakinapally sr et al. Int J Res Orthop.2018 mar; 4(2);261-265.
- Management of distal femur fractures with locking compression plate: a prospective study. Konuganti sr et al. Int J Res Orthop.2018 mar; 4(2);208-213.
- Surgical management of paediatric long bone fractures of lower limb by titanium elastic nails. Vol.2 Iss. 10(October-2015) IJMRPS.
- Anterior debulking of an aggressive osteoblastoma of cervical spine leading to vertebral artery injury- a case report- Accepted for paper in CSRS AP 2018 –Delhi
- Late presentation of traumatic cervical spondyloptosis with recovering neurological deficits-a case report- Accepted for paper in CSRS AP 2018- Delhi
- Poster presentation: Bony canal stenosis of lumbar spine eight years following diam application – a case report in ASSICON 2018.
- Poster presentation : A case of multiple tophacious gout at OSSAPCON feb 2014.
- Paper presentation: Inflection point at L1 or lower reduces PJK incidence at Japanese scoliosis society annual conference, Tokyo 2018.
- Inflection vertebra at T12 or cranially is a significant risk factor for proximal junctional kyphosis following thoracopelvic corrective fusion for adult spinal deformity – selected for podium presentation in Global spine congress in may 2020.
- Static and dynamic sagittal lumbar apex: a new concept for the assessment of lumbar lordosis distribution in spinal deformity. Eur Spine J 2021 May;30(5):1155-1163. doi: 10.1007/s00586-021-06767-7. Epub 2021 Feb 19.
- Alsofyani M, Ghailane S, Alsalmi S, et al. Traumatic Fracture: Dislocation of Cervicothoracic Junction—Grand Round Presentation of C7-T1 Instabilities and Different Instrumentation Techniques. Case Reports in Orthopedics 2020;2020:1-6.
- Jakinapally S, Yamato Y, Hasegawa T, et al. Effect of sagittal shape on proximal junctional kyphosis following thoracopelvic corrective fusion for adult spinal deformity: postoperative inflection vertebra cranial to T12 is a significant risk factor. Spine deformity 2020;8.
- Impact of COVID-19 on the pain and disability of patients with adult spinal deformity
- March 2021 Spine Deformity 9(9) DOI:10.1007/s43390-021-00315-5
- Efficacy of Adult Spinal Deformity Surgical Decision Making (ASD-SDM) Score in Patients > 40 Years as an Indication for Surgical Management. Selected for podium presentation in Scoliosis Research society meet Arizona phoenix 2020.
- Scheuermann’s kyphosis: Comparison of 2-stage anterior and posterior fusion versus 1-stage posterior only fusion. SPINE.
- Intervertebral foramen width is an important factor in deciding additional uncinate process resection in ACDF -- a retrospective study. SPINE .
- Authored Text Book Chapter (Spine Topic)
Sreenath jakinapally, Louis boissiere, Ibrahim obeid. Adult spinal deformity surgical decision-making score and its efficacy in surgical indication. Chapter 9 ICV Spine Manual. 2019.
- Member of National Academy of Medical Sciences (MNAMS)
- Association of Spine Surgeons of India (ASSI- Life Member)
- Indian Orthopedic Association (IOA- Life member)
- AO Spine International
- Indian Medical Association
Current research projects:
- Radiological differentiation of adult scoliosis and late presentation of adolescent idiopathic scoliosis
- Changes in upper cervical and cervicothoracic parameters after anterior and posterior sub-axial cervical spine fixation
- Proximal junctional kyphosis and adolescent
idiopathic deformity cases.