Until their kidney disease is advanced, the majority of people may not exhibit any significant symptoms. These symptoms may indicate Chronic Kidney Disease:
- A fluid excess brings on a rise in blood pressure.
- Swelling over the face and feet or all over the body – due to fluid accumulation.
- Fluid in lungs – can cause breathlessness on walking, at rest, or lying down.
- Fatigue and weakness – due to low Haemoglobin
- Headaches due to high blood pressure (BP).
- Nausea, Vomiting, Loss of appetite, itching all over the body, and disturbed sleep cycle can be seen in advanced kidney disease – indicating the need for dialysis.
- If appropriate care is not initiated despite dialysis requiring symptoms- patients may get seizures (fits) and develop loss of consciousness or fluid around the heart – needing urgent dialysis.
- Hyperkalaemia: High potassium in the blood can cause heart rhythm abnormalities and even sudden death, especially when the Potassium level in the blood crosses – 6.
- Back pain, or bone pains – due to low calcium absorption from the diet.
Dialysis Center at KIMS Hospitals, Gachibowli
KIMS Dialysis Center is one of the best dialysis centers in Hyderabad because – our water quality is ultrapure, ensured every month with thorough disinfection of the storage tanks and pipelines, and water quality checks done with monthly tests. Water quality is the best determinant of how inflamed the patient will be.
We have experienced and best Nephrologists, Technicians, and Nurses who treat patients medically and comfort them with their personal care and rapport.
We not only do regular Haemodialysis but also advanced therapies like Hemodiafiltration, Expanded Dialysis, and Adsorption cartridges like HA 130 - for better toxin removal and improvement in the quality of life of the dialysis patients.
For Acute Kidney Failure patients who are very sick and admitted to ICU, requiring life support—we also have the most advanced type of dialysis facilities like – CRRT (Continuous Renal Replacement Therapy), SLED (Slow Low-efficiency Dialysis), Adsorption therapies like Cytosorb, HA330, Hemofeel, etc.
The unique feature of our Dialysis Unit
- We perform all dialysis-related monthly investigations – free of charge for our dialysis patients—this ensures – every patient receives appropriate medication review based on their monthly results – without fail or delay. This has led to better outcomes for our patients in terms of quality of life and Longevity of Life.
- Every dialysis patient receives the necessary vaccinations – and a proper record is kept – to ensure they are all protected.
- Dietician consult is given complimentary as required to dialysis patients
- Each patient receives a Welcome Kit – containing all dialysis and transplant-related educational material for patient awareness.
- Physiotherapists are involved in helping patients improve their physical capacity with facilities like NMES for those who cannot exercise themselves.
Kidney Transplant Unit at KIMS Gachibowli
The most experienced team of Transplant Surgeons, anesthetists, and Nephrologists is the key to the success of our Kidney Transplant patients. We are equipped to perform ABO-incompatible (Across Blood Group) transplants, Desensitization protocols for highly sensitized recipients with donor-specific antibodies, Steroid free protocols for appropriate candidates.