What is a hysteroscopy?
Hysteroscopy is a procedure that can help your doctor to look inside your uterus and treat the different causes of abnormal bleeding. This procedure is carried out with the help of a hysteroscope, which is a thin lighted tube that is inserted into the vagina. Once the hysteroscope is inserted, it could allow your doctor to examine the inside of the uterus as well as the cervix. In case your doctor finds anything abnormal through the hysteroscope, then he can even take a sample for a test (biopsy).
Generally, one of the most common reasons to know about the Hysteroscopy procedure cost in Hyderabad is menstrual cycles that are heavier than normal. However, you may also need this procedure in case-
- You have fibroids or scarring on your uterus.
- Your IUD has come out of its place
- The Pap test results are quite abnormal
- You have bleeding after your menopause.
Sometimes you can even get the hysteroscopy done if your doctor needs a small tissue sample from the lining of your uterus. This can happen when you have problems getting pregnant.
Types of hysteroscopy.
Hysteroscopy ivf treatment in Hyderabad can be a part of the diagnosis process or even an operative procedure. Let’s have a glance at both of these procedures-
- Diagnostic hysteroscopy. As the name itself suggests, a diagnostic hysteroscopy can help you diagnose different problems in your uterus. In this case, Diagnostic hysteroscopy can even be used to confirm the results of other tests like HSG. Other than this, it can be used with other procedures like laparoscopy or dilation and curettage.
- Operative hysteroscopy. In case any abnormal condition is detected during diagnostic hysteroscopy then it will be treated with operative hysteroscopy. Hence, operative hysteroscopy can avoid the need of performing a second surgery. During this hysteroscopy, your healthcare provider will insert small instruments that can help to rectify the particular condition.
What happens during Hysteroscopy?
Before your hysteroscopy procedure, you should know the Hysteroscopy procedure cost in Hyderabad to assess your budget. Assessing your budget will further help you to choose the required hospital.
The hysteroscopy procedure can be done either at your doctor’s office or in a hospital. Moreover, it may be done under general anaesthesia. In case it is not done under general anaesthesia, then your doctor may give you certain medications. Other than this, dilators and medication will even be used to help keep your cervix open. Another tool referred to as a speculum, will be used, which can help to keep your vagina open.
Then your healthcare provider will carefully insert the hysteroscope through the cervix into your uterus. Once the hysteroscope is inside, a gas or a liquid like saline will be inserted through it into your uterus. This will cause your uterus to expand and hence the doctors can have a vivid view of the lining of the uterus and the opening of your fallopian tubes.
Thus, once the procedure is over, you may be allowed to go home soon after. However, in case you were given local or general anaesthesia, then you may need someone to drive for you. Sometimes after the Hysteroscopy polypectomy procedure in Hyderabad, you may observe bleeding or mild cramping that can last for about a few days after your procedure. You can even have gas for at least 24 hours. In all such situations, you can connect with your health care provider, who could help to give you medications that can relieve the pain.
Additionally, you may be allowed to evade any intercourse for at least two weeks after the procedure.
- What are the potential risks and complications of the Hysteroscopy procedure?
Like any other procedure, you can face potential risks and complications after the hysteroscopy procedure. These complications include problems related to anaesthesia, pelvic inflammatory disease, issues related to the leakage of fluid or gas from your uterus, infection, damage to the nearby organs like the ovaries or the bladder, and tearing or damage to your cervix.
- Is hysteroscopy considered major surgery?
No, Hysteroscopy is not considered a major surgery because it usually does not allow the patient to stay overnight. It is only in rare situations when you have complications like a reaction to anaesthesia that your healthcare provider may require you to stay overnight. Hence Hysteroscopy is a minor surgery.
- What is the average Hysteroscopy treatment price in Hyderabad?
The average Hysteroscopy procedure cost in Hyderabad can range anywhere from ₹50,000 to ₹60,000.
- Why should I know about the Hysteroscopy treatment price in Hyderabad from the KIMS Hospitals?
With comfortable and state-of-the-art facilities, the team of expert doctors at KIMS hospitals offers the hysteroscopy procedure that could help to examine the uterus or the womb of the females. Moreover, this hospital is committed to providing the highest quality and safest care possible to their patients under their budget. No wonder why you can know about the hysteroscopy procedure cost in Hyderabad from this hospital.