What is a pacemaker?
With the size of a matchbox, a pacemaker is a small medical device that helps to regulate the heart rhythm. This electrical medical device is used by surgeons to implant it under your skin and manage irregular heartbeats referred to as arrhythmias. Moreover, these devices can even be used to treat some types of heart failure. In all such situations, you can know the pacemaker surgery cost in Hyderabad, the Pacemaker cost in Hyderabad or the cost of pacemaker surgery in Hyderabad. The Pacemaker cost in Hyderabad depends on the type of pacemaker used in the surgery.
Parts of pacemakers
The parts of the pacemaker affect the pacemaker cost in Hyderabad which in turn will affect the Pacemaker surgery cost in Hyderabad or the Cost of pacemaker surgery in Hyderabad. Generally, the modern pacemakers have two parts, namely the pulse generator or one or more leads. The pulse generator generates electrical signals and contains the pacemaker’s battery and other electronics. On the other hand, leads are thin wires that help to deliver the electrical signals from the pulse generator to the heart.
The major function of the leads is to contain the electrodes of the pacemaker. Electrodes are important units of the pacemaker because they perform several functions, like resting inside your heart, sensing the heartbeat and delivering the electrical signals in case your heart is beating either too slowly or too quickly.
Generally, there are different types of pacemakers that affect the pacemaker cost in Hyderabad, like the single lead pacemakers, dual-chamber pacemaker and ventricular pacemaker. Besides knowing the cost of pacemaker surgery in Hyderabad, Pacemaker implantation cost in Hyderabad or the pacemaker cost in Hyderabad, you should also know who needs a pacemaker.
Who needs a pacemaker?
A cardiologist or doctor first tests the patient to see whether he or she is a good candidate for a pacemaker. Generally, the major reason behind the requirement of a pacemaker is when the patient’s heartbeat is too slow. Other reasons, why you may need to consider the Cost of pacemaker surgery in Hyderabad or the Pacemaker cost in Hyderabad are-
- Any type of heart failure.
- Irregular or very fast heartbeat.
- A heartbeat that pauses.
In all such conditions, your healthcare provider will consider a pacemaker surgery.
How is pacemaker surgery performed?
Before the pacemaker surgery, you can consider knowing the heart pacemaker surgery cost in Hyderabad or Pacemaker implantation cost in Hyderabad. Generally, the doctors may implant wired pacemakers through the transvenous procedure. Under this type of procedure, electrodes and leads are threaded into your heart through the veins. The entire procedure of transvenous placement that affects the Pacemaker surgery cost in Hyderabad or the Pacemaker implantation cost in Hyderabad includes the following steps-
- First of all, your healthcare provider will aim at giving you a sedative and a local anaesthetic to numb the incision site.
- The next step includes making a small incision, generally near your collar bone.
- Then the doctor will guide the leads into a major vein, using the incision. This is done with the help of an X-ray machine that will guide the healthcare provider.
- When the leads reach your heart, the doctor will aim at connecting the electrodes with the heart muscle. Moreover, the other end of the lead is connected to the pulse generator that has all the electrical circuits and battery.
In the end, the doctor will make sure that your pacemaker is working properly. This entire process will affect the pacemaker surgery cost in Hyderabad or the Pacemaker implantation cost in Hyderabad.
- What are the different risks associated with a pacemaker? The different risks associated with a pacemaker include blood clots, bleeding, an allergic reaction to anaesthesia, buildup of the scar tissue around the pacemaker, an infection at the site of the incision, and fluid collection around the heart, or even a punctured heart that could result from displaced leads.
- Why should you consider knowing the pacemaker cost in Hyderabad or the pacemaker surgery cost in Hyderabad from the KIMS Hospitals? The pacemaker clinic at the Krishna Institute of Medical Sciences serves the patients with its impeccable computerized database and multiple programmers to check different types of pacemakers. Moreover, the full service provides a complete pacemaker analysis for patients with implanted cardiac devices. The team of certified clinicians here not just provide advanced life support but also the best pre and post-operative care to the patients. Their major aim is to treat their patients with the current management techniques using compassionate care.
- What is the average pacemaker surgery cost in Hyderabad? The average pacemaker surgery cost in Hyderabad depends on myriad factors and is approximately ₹1.1 lakhs to ₹2 lakhs.
- What are the two major types of pacemaker surgeries? The two major types of pacemaker surgeries include dual-chamber pacemaker implantation or single-chamber pacemaker implantation. As the name itself suggests, the dual-chamber pacemaker implantation includes two lead wires to connect the pulse generator to the two heart chambers. On the other hand, the single chamber pacemaker implantation involves only one lead wire which connects the pulse generator to only a single chamber of the heart. The type of surgery process you require will affect the pacemaker surgery cost in Hyderabad or the pacemaker implantation cost in Hyderabad.