What is a mastoidectomy surgery?
As the name itself suggests, mastoidectomy surgery is a surgery that aims at removing all the diseased mastoid air cells. The mastoid is located behind the human ear and is a part of the skull. Appearing a honeycomb, the mastoid is filled with air cells that are made from bone. However, as a result of an ear infection, these cells can become diseased and can get dispersed into the skull. In all of these situations, you will have to get an insight into the cortical mastoidectomy surgery in Hyderabad and get the diseased cells removed. The Ear surgery in Hyderabad or the Mastoidectomy surgery can even help to remove an abnormal growth in your ear referred to as cholesteatoma.
Cholesteatoma is generally the result of an ongoing ear infection in the middle ear, which is referred to as chronic Otitis media (COM). It can gradually grow over time and lead to certain serious complications like deafness, dizziness, ongoing ear drainage, abscess in the brain, and damage to the facial nerve which may even result in facial paralysis, meningitis or labyrinthitis. So in all such situations, your doctor will perform the Canal wall down mastoidectomy surgery in Hyderabad to put a cochlear implant. A cochlear implant is a small, complex electronic device which can help you get the sense of sound if you have difficulty in hearing. At the same time, mastoidectomy surgery can even be performed to remove other abnormal growths. located at the base of your skull.
Variations of mastoidectomy surgery.
There are different ways variations or types of mastoidectomy procedures, all of which will affect your Mastoidectomy surgery Cost in Hyderabad. Let’s have a look at them.
- Simple mastoidectomy. Under this type of mastoidectomy surgery, your healthcare provider will open your mastoid bone and remove the infected air cells. He might even drain your middle ear.
- Radical mastoidectomy. Radical mastoidectomy surgery in Hyderabad is a procedure that may be used in case of complicated mastoid disease. Under this surgery, your surgeon will aim at removing the mastoid air cells, your ear canal, your eardrum and most of the middle ear structures.
- Modified radical mastoidectomy. As the name itself suggests, the modified radical mastoidectomy surgery is a modified version of the radical mastoidectomy surgery which may be used in less severe cases. This is because under this surgery your health care provider may remove the mastoid air cells along with just some of the middle ear structures.
So these are the different types of mastoidectomy surgeries which your healthcare provider may perform according to your particular situation. However, generally, mastoidectomy surgery is not commonly used and it is the last resort. Before that your health care provider may use certain nonoperative measures like antibiotics that can treat the infection.
What happens during the mastoidectomy procedure?
During the Cortical Mastoidectomy surgery in Hyderabad, your doctor will provide you with general anaesthesia so that you are comfortable during the surgery. For a simple mastoidectomy surgery, your surgeon will aim at getting access to your mastoid bone by making a cut behind the ear. Then he may use a small drill along with a microscope to open your mastoid bone. In order to keep the surgical area free of any bone, suction irrigation may even be used. The infected air cells are drilled out and the operative site is stitched up. The site will be covered with gauze, in the end, to keep the wound clean.
Thus, these are the different procedures that will affect your Mastoidectomy surgery Cost in Hyderabad.
- What are the different risks and complications related to mastoidectomy surgery?
Just like any other surgery, there are certain complications associated with a mastoidectomy. These complications and risks could include tinnitus, Facial nerve, paralysis, dizziness or Vertigo, sensorineural hearing loss and change in the taste of the food because it may seem metallic.
- What is the long-term outlook of mastoidectomy surgery?
The outlook of the mastoidectomy surgery depends on the particular type of mastoidectomy procedure performed and the reason for performing it. Generally, some amount of hearing loss may be common with both modified radical and radical mastoidectomy surgery. Moreover, you may even have to follow up regularly with your doctor if you have a cholesteatoma before the procedure.
- What is the average Mastoidectomy surgery Cost in Hyderabad?
The average Mastoid surgery price in Hyderabad may be around ₹60,000 - ₹1,10,000.
- Which is the best hospital to know about Cortical Mastoidectomy surgery in Hyderabad?
If you are looking for the list of the best mastoidectomy doctors, then the KIMS Hospitals is the right place to be at. The team of expert doctors at this hospital provides the best mastoidectomy treatment to patients under their budget.