The knee is a dominant joint for walking, and also the most common spot of discomfort for various people. This discomfort can be due to an injury or a result of old age. If the pain is not going away from simple methods, your doctor may recommend Knee Arthroscopy Surgery. The knee arthroscopy surgery cost in Hyderabad or arthroscopic meniscectomy cost in Hyderabad may be somewhat expensive. Highly advanced pieces of equipment, fees of the orthopaedic surgeon, anaesthesia and other aspects increase the knee arthroscopy cost in Hyderabad.
Here we shall discuss the following
- Defining Knee Arthroscopy
- Causes for Arthroscopic Meniscectomy
- Conducting Arthroscopy Knee Surgery
- Knee Arthroscopy Surgery Cost in Hyderabad
- General FAQs
What is Knee Arthroscopy Surgery
Knee Arthroscopy is a very common surgery for persistent knee displeasure. Since it is minor surgery, it is performed on an outpatient basis. In this surgery, the patient can leave for home on the same day.
The surgeon creates a small incision in the knee and inserts the arthroscope, the tiny camera. In the operating room, the doctor then observes the inside of the knee through the images displayed on the screen. This facilitates diagnosing the trauma inside.
Reasons for Arthroscopic Knee Surgery
- Torn Cartilage: Small meniscus (knee cartilage) tears are trimmed to relieve the symptoms.
- Damage Meniscus: The repair of the damaged meniscus restores the normal anatomy. However, the recovery is longer, and repair of the meniscus is not always possible due to limited blood supply.
- Plica Syndrome: Plica is the remnant tissue left from the fetal development of the knee as small separate compartments. When this tissue is inflamed or irritated, surgery is performed to remove it.
- Cartilage Transfer: This involves transferring healthy cartilage from other parts of the body to the damaged area.
- Microfracture: It is done to encourage the growth of new cartilage.
- Kneecap Realignment: The kneecap is realigned by loosening the ligaments which help to pull back the kneecap to its original position.
- Autologous Chondrocyte Implantation: Arthroscopic surgery helps in identifying the damaged areas of cartilage and then the patient’s cells are harvested in the lab and reimplanted into the joint.
- ACL (Anterior Cruciate Ligament) Injury: The ACL is one of the pivotal knee ligaments which ensure the stability of the knee. The surgery is done to treat the damage sustained by the patient.
Knee Arthroscopy is performed under three types of Anaesthesia:
After anaesthesia, surgery begins with small cuts in the knee. Then a pump is used to supply saline solution into that area. This helps in expanding the knee to insert the arthroscope. The surgeon then observes the imagery on the screen to figure out the damages. After observing the issue, the surgeon takes the surgery further for a solution.
The incisions are then stitched up after draining the saline from the knee via the pump. The procedure generally takes less than 1 hour.
Knee Arthroscopy Surgery Cost in Hyderabad
The knee arthroscopy cost in Hyderabad can range from Rs.1,00,000 to Rs.1,50,000. The camera, incision, doctor fees, and other factors increase the cost of this surgery. Although we have specifically mentioned the cost in Hyderabad, the arthroscopic meniscectomy cost in Hyderabad does not vary much from other parts of India.
- How can I get aid for the knee arthroscopy cost in HyderabadFor many people, the knee arthroscopy surgery cost in Hyderabad is not so pocket friendly. With the help of health insurance, arthroscopic meniscectomy cost in Hyderabad can be covered up to an extent.
- What is the recovery period?The recovery period is generally quicker. Most people leave the hospital within the day of the surgery.
- Are there any risks?
- Blood clots
- Chronic Stiffness
- Bleeding in the Joints
- Infection in the knees
- What precautions are to be taken?
- You must tell your doctor about any necessary medication you have been taking.
- You must not wear jewelry, watches or any other valuable material.
- One should wear comfortable clothes, which are easy to take off and put on.
- Avoid drinking water the night before surgery unless asked by the doctor.
- Scrub your knee before the procedure.