What is Loop Electrosurgical Excision Procedure?
Loop electrosurgical excision procedure is referred to as LEEP. Your cervix's aberrant cells are removed with this method. Your doctor can remove abnormal tissue from the surface of your cervix using a LEEP (loop electrosurgical excision procedure) and, if necessary, test it for malignancy. A wire loop heated by an electric current is used in the Loop Electrosurgical Excision Procedure (LEEP) to remove tissue and cells from a woman's lower vaginal tract. In order to diagnose and treat unhealthy or malignant diseases, it is employed. The Loop Electrosurgical Excision Procedure cost in Hyderabad depends upon various factors. So you must contact the doctor to know about the Loop Electrosurgical Excision Procedure cost in Hyderabad.
But before knowing about the Loop Electrosurgical Excision Procedure cost in Hyderabad, there are other important things to know about. The cervix and vagina are parts of the lower genital tract. The vulva and cervix are connected by the vagina, which is the lower, narrower portion of the uterus. With LEEP, a thin layer of aberrant tissue is removed by cutting through the fine wire loop with an electric current. The lab will conduct tests on this tissue. LEEP can also eliminate aberrant cells to promote the growth of healthy tissue. The entire recuperation process takes around four weeks, and the surgery lasts about 20 minutes.
Loop Electrosurgical Excision Treatment Procedure
The leep surgery price in Hyderabad varies from place to place. But before getting the treatment done, you must be aware of the leep surgery price in Hyderabad. As treatment may affect the leep surgery price in Hyderabad. leep procedure cervix surgery in Hyderabad starts off similar to a standard pelvic exam. Even though you'll be awake the entire time, you should only have little discomfort. Your healthcare professional will first instruct you to recline and place your feet in stirrups at the end of the assessment table. Your thigh will be covered with a grounding pad to shield you from the energy utilised during the LEEP. To gain a better view of your cervix, your doctor will use a speculum to enlarge your vagina.
Your cervix will be injected with a very diluted solution of acetic acid or Lugol's solution (iodine) to make the aberrant cells visible. Then, your healthcare professional will put a colposcope close to the opening of your vagina. Keeping the colposcope outside of your vagina will provide a magnified view of your cervix.
- Numbing your cervixThe cervix will be numbed by your doctor using local anaesthesia (lidocaine). You can have tingling in your tongue, ringing in your ears, or a quick heartbeat during the injection. If this happens, it only lasts for a short while. Your healthcare professional will first numb your cervix before inserting a small wire loop through the speculum and into your cervix until it touches it.
- Getting rid of the abnormal tissueThroughout the tissue removal procedure, you must maintain complete stillness. The loop removes aberrant cells by slicing through a thin layer of surface tissue as it crosses your cervix. Your doctor may occasionally employ a second loop to insert the needle a little higher in your cervix. Later, this tissue will be examined for malignancy.
- Stopping the bleedingIn order to stop and prevent bleeding, your professional will finally apply a medicated paste (an iron solution known as Monsel's paste) to the region.
- What are the restrictions after the electrosurgical excision procedure in Hyderabad?
After LEEP, you can be told not to douche, use tampons, or have sex for four weeks, or for however long your doctor thinks is appropriate. There may be further restrictions on your activity, such as no heavy lifting or intense activity.
- What are the risks of leep procedure cervix surgery in Hyderabad?
LEEP may raise the chance of future pregnancy complications. Even though the majority of women are healthy, there is a slight increase in the chance of premature birth and low birth weight babies. Rarely, the leep procedure cervix surgery in Hyderabad results in a constricted cervix. Menstrual irregularities could be brought on by this constriction.