What is a radical prostatectomy?
Radical prostatectomy is one of the major treatments for prostate cancer that affects the radical prostatectomy cost in India and the Laparoscopic prostatectomy cost in Hyderabad. The prostate gland is a walnut-sized gland that helps to produce the seminal fluid in the male body and the cancer of this gland is referred to as prostate cancer. Radical prostatectomy or prostate removal is a type of surgery that helps to remove either some tissue around the prostate gland or all of the prostate gland to treat prostate cancer. However, this type of surgery is effective only when cancer has not spread outside the prostate and is in its initial phase. In all such conditions, you can consider knowing the cost of prostatectomy in Hyderabad or the radical prostatectomy cost in Hyderabad.
There are myriad diagnostic assessments and tests that are carried out to test if the patient is suffering from prostate cancer or not. These assessments and tests include MRI scan, biopsy, digital rectal exam, ultrasound or prostate-specific antigen tests. All such tests will affect your radical prostatectomy cost in India or the laparoscopic prostatectomy cost in Hyderabad.
Types of radical prostatectomy surgery.
The type of radical prostatectomy surgery also affects your Radical prostatectomy cost in Hyderabad or the Radical prostatectomy cost in India. Four major types of radical prostatectomy surgeries take anywhere between two to four hours. Let’s have a look at them.
- Laparoscopic. The laparoscopic prostatectomy will affect your Laparoscopic prostatectomy cost in Hyderabad. Under this type of surgery, your healthcare provider will make several small cuts instead of a huge cut. The major aim of these cuts is to place a video camera or a laparoscope inside them. This helps the surgeon to see the inside of your belly during the procedure.
- Retropubic. Under this type of surgery, the healthcare provider aims at making a cut below the belly button that can reach your pubic bone. This type of surgery can take anywhere between 90 minutes to four hours.
- Robotic surgery. When the laparoscopic surgery is performed using a robotic system, it is referred to as robotic surgery. This type of surgery will also affect your laparoscopic prostatectomy cost in Hyderabad or the radical prostatectomy cost in India. Under this type of surgery, the doctor will move the camera and the instruments using robotic arms while sitting near the operating table with the control console. However, this type of surgery is performed only at some hospitals.
- Perineal. As the name suggests, under this type of surgery, the healthcare provider will cut the skin between the base of the scrotum term known as the perineum and the anus. The cut made in this surgery is smaller than that made in the Retropubic technique. Since this technique causes less loss of blood and even takes lesser time, it is quite beneficial and will affect the cost of prostatectomy in Hyderabad.
How is radical prostatectomy performed?
The entire process of radical prostatectomy will affect your Radical prostatectomy cost in Hyderabad or the radical prostatectomy cost in India. Generally, the doctor will give you general anaesthesia so that you’re asleep and the surgery goes on pain-free. Other than this, he or she may give you epidural anaesthesia to numb the lower half of your body.
- Now the doctor will aim at removing the prostate gland from the surrounding tissue. Moreover, the seminal vesicles next to the prostate are also removed.
- The major aim of removing the Prostate gland is to ensure that healthy blood loss is minimised.
- The next step in the process that affects the radical prostatectomy cost in Hyderabad is to reattach the urethra to the bladder neck.
- Other than this, the surgeon might even remove the lymph nodes in the pelvis to testify them for cancer.
- A tube known as a catheter is left in the urethra and the bladder to help in draining the urine. Moreover, a drain referred to us Jackson- Pratt drain might even be left in your belly to drain the extra fluid after surgery.
This entire process will affect your Radical prostatectomy cost in Hyderabad
- What is the average radical prostatectomy cost in Hyderabad?
The average radical prostatectomy cost in Hyderabad can range anywhere from ₹80,000 to ₹2,00,000.
- Why should you know the Radical prostatectomy cost in Hyderabad from the KIMS Hospitals?
Being a pioneer in Cancer research, KIMS hospitals uses innovative cancer care methodologies to treat various types of cancers. Moreover, different robotic prostate surgeries are even performed at this hospital with utmost accuracy and precision. You can substantiate the credibility of this hospital from its excellent positive outcomes and testimonials. Thus, no wonder why you can consider knowing the radical prostatectomy cost in Hyderabad from this hospital.
- What are the risks related to this surgery?
The different risks related to the surgery include wound infection effects like erection problems or leaking urine, injury to the nearby organs and bleeding.
- What is the recovery period of this surgery?
Besides knowing the Radical prostatectomy cost in Hyderabad and the radical prostatectomy cost in India, you should also know the recovery period of this surgery. Generally, the patients may stay in the hospital for at least one to four days after their surgery. But in the case of laparoscopic or robotic surgery, your healthcare provider may advise you to go home the day after the procedure.