Cataract is the opacification of the natural crystalline lens. It usually occurs due to aging, prolonged exposure to ultra violet rays, diabetes, eye injuries and prolonged use of systemic steroids. Surgery is the only treatment option for cataract.
At KIMS Eye Centre, Phacoemulsification is performed to remove the opacified natural lens, and a foldable lens is inserted.
Phacoemulsification is a no stitch surgery performed under local anaesthesia, and the patient is discharged immediately.
There are multiple IOL (Intraocular Lenses) choices available for surgery, as out- lined below:
- Aberration free Aspheric IOLs: These IOLs ensure good quality of vision and improve contrast sensitivity and night vision. They also filter harmful UV light/blue light, which is harmful to the retina.
- ToricIOLs: They correct pre-existing astigmatism, thereby reducing the need for using spectacles for distance vision post operatively.
- Multi focal IOLs: They provide clear vision for all distances, to lead a comfortable life.
- Glaucoma Service: Glaucoma is a disease of the eye exhibiting atypical optic neuropathy which results in progressive visual field loss. The most important risk factor is raised intra ocular pressure. People at risk for glaucoma include those aged above 40 years, diabetics and people suffering from myopia, mature cataract, trauma, certain retinal diseases and those with a family history of glaucoma.
At KIMS Eye Centre, patients are investigated thoroughly with the use of perimetry, and then treatment is commenced to maintain vision and quality of life
Retina Services and Uveitis
The Retina is the neurosensory layer of the eye, which is present at the back of the eye.
The Retina is a reflection of the entire body.
“Get treatment for the whole body” by our team approach.
The Retina serves as a window to diagnose/manage many systemic diseases, including:
- Vessel blockade
- Rheumatology diseases and many more
We have Alcon Constellation Vitrectomy system which is being used by all major eye centres across the world for retina surgeries.
The availability of super specialists makes it possible for us to treat patient not only for their eye problems but as a whole, which is most crucial in the management of systemic diseases like Diabetes.
With the increase in the number of premature babies, the incidence of ROP (retinopathy of prematurity) is increasing. We are able to attend to these cases without delay, and perform laser immediately if necessary.
A special mention about Pandora's Box Uveitis. We diagnose and manage most of the Uveitis cases in coordination with Pulmonologists, Rheumatologists and Internists.
Optical service and contact lenses
KIMS Eye Centre has an in house dedicated optical outlet which showcases many branded and non branded frames, starting from budget frames to high end brands.
- Neuro Ophthalmology
- Eye injuries