A long, thin tube is inserted into the body during endoscopy to closely inspect an internal organ or tissue. Furthermore, endoscopy procedures in Hyderabad can be utilized for basic surgery as well as other tasks like imaging. It is a minimally invasive procedure and only requires small openings in the body. The cost of endoscopy in Hyderabad varies widely since it consists of various kinds. The price of the upper endoscopy in Hyderabad also fluctuates depending on the part for the endoscopy. ERCP procedure in Hyderabad is one the most common endoscopy carried out.
Reasons For Endoscopy Procedure
- Investigation: To investigate symptoms including vomiting, stomach pain, breathing issues, stomach ulcers, difficulty swallowing, or gastrointestinal bleeding.
- Confirmation of a diagnosis: An endoscopy can be used to perform a biopsy to support cancer or another disease diagnosis.
- Treatment: An endoscope is also helpful in treating a condition directly. For example, it can be used to remove a polyp or cauterize (close with heat) a bleeding vessel.
In 1990, the invention of capsule endoscopy with the wireless camera came to the surface. Since the camera can fit inside a capsule, which is about the size of a vitamin pill, it is taken orally by swallowing.
Thousands of images are captured while the capsule passes through the digestive system and is sent to a gadget connected to a wearing belt.
The small intestine is a difficult region for capturing images through general endoscopy. However, capsule endoscopy has made this process easier. Now, the small intestinal mucosa can be examined and Crohn's disease can be identified with this technique. Moreover, within 24 to 48 hours, the capsule normally passes through the digestive system.
Although esophagogastroduodenoscopy has been replaced by capsule endoscopy, there are still certain limitations.
ERCP Procedure in Hyderabad
The ERCP procedure, also known as endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography, is used to identify and address issues with the pancreas, liver, gallbladder, and bile ducts. It combines the use of an endoscope.
Uses of ERCP are:
- Figuring the cause of any strange, unexplained pain in the abdominal or yellow skin or eyes.
- Gives information about pancreatitis or cancer of the liver, pancreas
- Identifies blockage or infection of the bile duct or stones or leaking of fluid from the pancreas or bile duct, tumours
Cost of Endoscopy in Hyderabad
The price for the endoscopy in Hyderabad varies majorly depending on the type of the category. For instance, the price for the upper endoscopy in Hyderabad may start from INR 5,000, whereas the price for capsule endoscopy in Hyderabad ranges from INR 25,000 to INR 90,000.
Additionally, the price for the ERCP procedure in Hyderabad ranges between INR 30,000 to INR 50,000.
- What are the risks of Endoscopy Procedures in Hyderabad?
Some of the risks due to endoscopic procedures are:
- Slight throat pain for a few hours after the procedure due to the local anesthetic injection
- Bloating after the treatment (the infections are normally minor and treatable with a course of antibiotics)
- Internal bleeding which is typically mild but occasionally treated by endoscopic cauterization
- Prolonged pain in the region of the endoscopy insertion
- Pain and slow healing in incisions of the lining of the stomach or esophagus
- How to prepare for an endoscopy procedure in Hyderabad?
An endoscopy typically takes one hour to complete and does not necessitate an overnight stay in the hospital. The doctor will give directions on how to get ready for the surgery.
Although this varies depending on the type, the patient must fast for at least 12 hours before the surgery or as may be required by the distinct kinds of endoscopy.
Laxatives may be used the night before operations to examine the gut to empty the system.
Before the endoscopy, a physician will perform a physical examination. Mentioning all current drugs, including dietary supplements, and any previous operations are crucial.
- Why is the price for the endoscopy in Hyderabad expensive?
There are various kinds of endoscopy with wide price gaps. Not every endoscopy is expensive, some can be carried out even under INR 10,000. Some like capsule endoscopy may start in the range of INR 25,000.