Every age group is prone to ankle injuries. The ankle arthroscopy surgery primarily focuses on foot conditions for quicker recovery, less scarring and lesser complications in comparison to open surgery.There are various clinics in Hyderabad for arthroscopic ankle surgery providing satisfactory services. The price of ankle scope surgery in Hyderabad may reach six figures. Later on we shall be discussing the various elements which also control the price of ankle arthroscopy surgery in Hyderabad.
Procedure of Ankle Arthroscopy Surgery
Ankle arthroscopy is done on an outpatient basis, i.e. the patient is allowed to return home on the same day of the surgery in normal circumstances. The operation is done under general anesthesia to put the patient to sleep. The area is also numb for the incision.
The surgeon makes a few small incisions on the skin around the ankle. An arthroscope, a tiny camera, is inserted to reach the joint. To put other tools, additional cuts may be made to repair any damage to the bones or to the connective tissues.
With the help of the arthroscope, doctors watch the inside of the ankle to repair the joint. In ankle arthroscopy, the doctors remove damaged tissues or reshape the bones to recover the impingement, called debridement. Generally, doctors refer to cleaning something inside the body as debridement.
For best healing, the doctors will suggest following things:
- Avoiding any pressure on the ankle or foot
- Keeping the incision clean and covered to avoid infection
- Provide NSAIDs for pain relief
- Icing and keeping the ankle elevated mostly.
Sometimes, the patient is required to wear a splint on the ankle for the recovery. The surgeon may suggest physical therapy for better healing.
Price of Ankle arthroscopy orthobullets Surgery in Hyderabad
The average minimum price for ankle scope surgery in Hyderabad is around INR 2,00,000. Various elements and other factors may extend the expenses of ankle arthroscopy orthobullets surgery in Hyderabad.
Other Factors Affecting Cost of Ankle Arthroscopy Surgery Cost in Hyderabad
Ankle scope surgery cost in Hyderabad or ankle arthroscopy surgery cost in Hyderabad is affected by various factors such as:
- Kind of hospitals
- Fees charged by the physicians
- OT services expenses
- Medications cost
Other aspects like standard tests for diagnosis or follow up care also rules the price of arthroscopic ankle surgery in Hyderabad.
- How is ankle arthroscopy beneficial?
This is a minimally invasive procedure which shows the condition of bones, tendons and other tissues. Many places like Hyderabad the arthroscopic ankle surgery is done to remove scar tissue, detachment of cartilage and bone. Other advantages of ankle arthroscopy orthobullets surgery in Hyderabad or anywhere are:
- Fast Recovery
- Lesser pain than open surgery
- Minor scarring and minimal blood loss
- What are the risks of ankle arthroscopy?
Some of the complication one may experience are:
- Developing blood clots
- Damage in nerves or tissue surrounding ankle, foot, and leg
- Infection, numbness or tingling in the ankle
- May need another correction surgery for full recovery
- When should I approach my doctor after the operation?
In the following cases, the person should reach out to their healthcare provider:
- Nausea and vomiting
- Infection, fever or discoloration at the site of surgery
- Intense pain or bleeding or both
- What are the precautions before ankle arthroscopy?
The patient should take certain steps before the surgery:
- Avoid Smoking and drinking alcohol
- Taking blood thinners as prescribed by the doctor
- Preventing consumption of such food which is advised by the doctor