Orthopedics is the study of the musculoskeletal system that involves ligaments, joints, bones, tendons and nerves. The person who specializes in orthopedics is known as an orthopedist. The doctors use both surgical and non-surgical treatments. The cost of orthopedic treatment in Hyderabad depends on the treatment procedure. In Hyderabad, the surgery for bones and joints or orthopedic surgery in Hyderabad like in other parts of the globe includes various kinds of procedures.
Treatment for Orthopedics
For musculoskeletal disorders like back pains or arthritis, the orthopedist may recommend one or a combination of the following treatments which add up to the orthopedic treatment cost in Hyderabad.
- Medications: Drugs like Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), muscle relaxants, antidepressants, anti-seizure drugs and corticosteroids are used.
- Injections and Acupuncture: Acupuncture doesn’t help in fixing the issue, but it helps in providing pain relief. A person with severe arthritis with bone and bone pain can get help from acupuncture for the discomfort.
- Injections for epidural, facet block, medial branch block, SI joint, and corticosteroid are used to help in the treatment of nerve pain, joint stability, and joint dysfunction.
- Physical Therapy: Orthopedic physical therapy is given in outpatient clinics. The therapist evaluates the conditions and diagnoses the issue or condition one has and then determines the appropriate movement diagnosis.
- Surgery: It is the last resort and is recommended by doctors in severe and complex cases.
The different types of bone and joints surgeries or orthopedic surgeries in Hyderabad as well as in other parts of the world are:
- Total Joint Replacement: Arthroplasty or total joint replacement is a surgery that replaces the damaged joint with a prosthesis. Mainly the prosthesis is a combination of metal and plastic. Depending on the placement the cost for joint replacement surgery in Hyderabad may vary. The minimum fee for joint replacement surgery in Hyderabad may start at Rs.2,00,000. The Knee joint replacement surgery in Hyderabad can cost around Rs.2,00,000 - Rs.5,50,000.
- Fracture Repair Surgery: The surgery is performed to repair a severely broken bone. Different implants like rods, plates, screws and wires are used to stabilize the bones.
- Bone Grafting Surgery: The surgeon uses bone from a healthy site of the body to repair and strengthen the diseased or detonated bones. The bone can be donated by any other person.
- Spinal Fusion: The surgery aims to fuse the adjoining vertebrae of the spine. Through this fusion, the vertebrae heal into a single solid mass of bone. The surgeon performs spinal fusion for various neck and back problems, injuries to vertebrae or intervertebral disks and scoliosis.
- Foot and ankle surgery: This surgery is a subspecialty of orthopedics and podiatry. Bunionectomies may be used to surgically remove bunions and other foot and ankle deformities. Joint fusion or reconstruction may also be implemented as procedures for the operation. The cost for foot and ankle surgery in Hyderabad revolves around the kind of procedure used. For example, the average cost for foot and ankle surgery in Hyderabad is INR 5,50,000 if done through replacement surgery. Moreover, the price for the same foot and ankle surgery in Hyderabad can also go lower to INR 2,00,000, considering the site of the issue and the type of procedure carried out.
Other joints may also be fused for recovery. The reason we have mentioned spinal fusion especially is that it is more common than other fusions of joints. The complexity of the fusion of joints and brains in Hyderabad hospitals is well handled by the experts.
- What are the orthopedic problems?
The problems related to one’s body’s musculoskeletal system are called orthopedic issues. These conditions are mostly painful and if they are not treated within due time, they can further develop into critical health problems.
- What are the symptoms of orthopedic conditions?
The common symptoms include numbness, weakness, joint pain, stiffness, swelling, restricted range of motion and muscle pain.
- Is the treatment cost of orthopedics in Hyderabad affordable?
It depends on the mode of treatment. For instance, orthopedic surgery in Hyderabad requires a lot of care and one may need drugs and therapy to recover. The cost of surgery for bones and joints in Hyderabad may vary from one place to another. The maximum cost for orthopedic surgery in Hyderabad may go to Rs.5,50,000.