There are certain unfortunate circumstances which cause the loss or removal of a body part, such as a finger, toe, hand, foot, arm, or leg, this is known as amputation. Amputation can be due to injury or surgery. Besides this difficult phase, recovery can be hampered due to persistent pain, phantom limb occurrences, and emotional stress. Out of all the amputations below- knee amputation in Hyderabad (BKA) is very common due to infection or injury. Transmetatarsal amputation in Hyderabad is done to help with poor blood flow or prevent the spreading of the infection. The cost of amputation in Hyderabad switches depending upon the case.
Amputation Due to Traumas
Traumatic amputations can occur due to any motor vehicle accidents, injuries sustained during combat or accidents at industrial. These cases may cause a person to have a torn body part or any part of the body may have sustained severe burns or crush injuries that can never recover. Out of all the amputations due to tragedy or disease TMA, i.e. transmetatarsal amputation in Hyderabad is the most common kind. It includes removing a part of the foot surgically in case of severe infection.
Furthermore, the affected body part may be amputated surgically if the damage, infection, or disease makes it impossible to restore the part or endangers the patient's life. Additionally, the dead tissues also require an amputation.
Below Knee Amputation
A below-knee amputation in Hyderabad is a common procedure used to treat foot and ankle issues. With the BKA, a patient may frequently use an artificial leg to walk independently. Although the time for doing general tasks may take longer than expected, it is still a good option for the patient to live a good life. Between the ankle and the knee are about where a BKA is done. For a variety of patients with a wide range of illnesses and traumas, this amputation produces positive results.
Treatment of Phantom Limb Syndrome
During the initial stages of post-amputation surgery, the body is unable to accept that it is missing one of its parts. Thus some people encounter pain in the region of amputation, i.e. the place where the limb does not exist anymore. For some people, the pain is so excruciating, that they have to opt for different treatments.
Some of the common treatments for phantom limb syndrome are:
- Medication: Since there are no specific treatments for this type of nerve pain, it is necessary to try a variety of medications before finding the one that will work. Often, the drugs which are used to treat other conditions are effective in treating nerve pain.
- Therapies: Non-invasive therapies like nerve stimulation, mirror box, and acupuncture are useful to help in pain.
- Surgeries: Surgeries including brain stimulation and neurectomy also aid in the treatment of phantom legs.
The cost of Amputation in Hyderabad has a fluctuating range, it may start from INR 5,000 and may go to INR 50,000. For instance, the cost of transmetatarsal amputation in Hyderabad may range between INR 40,000 to 4,00,000.
- Who is not a correct candidate for below-knee amputation in Hyderabad?
The following set of people are unsuitable for BKA-
- Who have medical issues like a poor immune system, bleeding issues, lung or heart disease
- Who has an infection on the above region of the knee
- Who have poor blood flow
- What is the price for the treatment of phantom limbs in Hyderabad?
The cost of treating phantom limbs in Hyderabad depends on the means of treatment. Thus it is formidable to mention the precise cost of treating phantom limbs in Hyderabad.
- What are the complications one faces after amputation?
Besides phantom limb syndrome, one may experience bleeding, prolonged recovery, infection at the wound, and shock.