The prostate gland is located in the pelvis region below the urinary bladder in males. Due to various issues in the prostate gland such as prostate cancer, a part of the whole of the prostate gland has to be surgically removed. This surgical removal is called a prostatectomy. It can be done with the aid of a robot and goes with a robotic prostatectomy in Hyderabad. Prostate surgery in Hyderabad can also be minimally invasive with the method so carried out. As compared to other developed countries, the price of prostatectomy in Hyderabad or the cost of the whole prostate removal surgery in Hyderabad is economical in nature.
Ways of Prostate Surgery in Hyderabad
Generally, prostatectomy is done to treat prostate cancer. It may be combined with chemotherapy, hormone therapy, and radiation. Prostate surgery in Hyderabad is done in the following ways: Robotic Prostatectomy: Around five to six small incisions are made in the lower abdomen by the surgeon. Robotic prostatectomy in Hyderabad is done to remove the part or whole of the prostate. The surgeon sits at a console with various instruments connected to the computer-assisted mechanical device or robot. It encourages a precise movement of the surgeon’s hand.
Open Radical Prostatectomy: The surgeon makes an incision in the lower abdomen in order to remove the prostate. This surgery leaves a big scar and needs a longer period of recovery. It consists of various risks, such as:
- Urinary tract infection
- Urinary incontinence
- Erectile dysfunction
- Narrowing of the urethra or bladder neck
- Lymphocele, i.e. the formation of cysts containing lymph
Simple Prostatectomy: It is also a minimally invasive procedure and is often used to treat BPH and doesn’t always need to remove the whole prostate.
Procedure of Prostatectomy
- In robot-assisted prostatectomy, the surgeon sits at a remote-control console and manipulates the motion of the instruments with two hand and finger control devices. A magnified 3D view of the surgical area is displayed by the console which aids in visualizing the procedure in detail. The computerized system enables a better alternative to traditional prostatectomy. It empowers the surgeon to make precise but small incisions which promotes healthier and faster recovery than the open radical prostatectomy.
- A long tube is inserted inside the tip of the penis in a simple prostatectomy. This tube is actually a cystoscope that helps in showing the images. Later, a Foley catheter, another tube, is inserted into the tip of the penis to reach the bladder and drain the urine from it. Then incisions will be done on the lower abdomen as per the condition and method taken up. After the prostate gland is removed two tubes go inside the body through the incision-suprapubic tube and pelvic drain. The suprapubic tube is directed to the bladder while the pelvic drain tube is inserted towards the region where the prostate was removed.
- An incision is made on the lower abdomen in the procedure of open radical prostatectomy. The cut is placed from below your navel to above the pelvic bone. The prostate gland is then removed carefully without damaging nerves and blood vessels. Stitches are then made to close the incision.
Cost for the Prostatectomy Surgery in Hyderabad
The price for the removal surgery of prostate in Hyderabad by radical prostatectomy is approximately around INR 5,50,000. Furthermore, the surgery cost for prostatectomy in Hyderabad increases to around INR 2,00,000 or more if robotic prostatectomy has been chosen. Therefore we can say, that prostate removal surgery in Hyderabad mainly depends on the alternative taken up.
- How to prepare for the surgery?
One should tell about the allergies and reactions to the doctor beforehand Fasting and bowel preparation must be done before the operation. Doctors often provide a kit consisting of enemas to clear the bowels before. Warfarin or clopidogrel and pain relievers are often provided.
- What are the reasons for the radical prostatectomy?
Radical prostatectomy aims to remove prostate cancer however other seldom reasons include:
- Constant bleeding
- Unable to empty the bladder or slow bleeding
- Stones in the bladder along with prostate enlargement
- Hydronephrosis, a condition which caused immense pressure on the Kidneys from urinary retention
- What are the risks of prostatectomy?
There are various complications which may be caused after prostatectomy, they are:
- Inability to hold urine or urinary incontinence
- Erectile dysfunction(Impotence)
- Alteration in penis length
- Lymphedema, a condition where the fluid accumulates in the soft tissues which result in swelling
- Reactions to anesthesia
- Breathing difficulty